Where Do Celebrities Stay in Paris?
Have you ever wondered where stars like the Kardashians, Beyonce, & even European royalty stay while they’re in Paris? Hint: they all tend to stay in the same general area, concentrated around spots like the Champs-Elysees & the world-famous Louvre. But if you’re looking for specifics, that’s what we’ll delve into in this article: “Where Do Celebrities Stay in Paris?”
Map of Famous Paris Hotels
If you want to celebrity-spot in Paris: stick to the Right Bank (north side of the River Seine). Fashionable hotels such as the Hotel Plaza Athenee & Shangri-La Paris are all located on this side of the river….
Hotel Plaza Athenee
The Ritz Paris
Hotel de Crillon
Four Seasons Hotel George V
Overview of Famous Paris Hotels
- Four Seasons Hotel George V = Located Between the Arc de Triomphe & Champs-Elysees. Elizabeth Taylor honeymooned here (granted, the union with Nicky Hilton only lasted 8 months), & the Beatles wrote a song in one of their suites. Gwyneth Paltrow & the Kardashians appreciate the “Flowers, Food, & Facials” here….their five-star spa is a place to be pampered. Charlie Chaplin & Penelope Cruz have also rested their heads in this long-famous hotel…
- The Ritz Paris = Walkable to Tuilerie Gardens & Musee de L’Orangerie. Founded in 1898, the Ritz has some serious history: Coco Chanel lived in the hotel for over a decade ~ you can stay in the suite named after her. And Ernest Hemingway was a frequent guest; they named their lounge bar after him. F. Scott Fitzgerald & King Edward VII have also called the Ritz home, & its location in the heart of Paris makes it a great base.
- Hotel de Crillon = Set on the Most Beautiful Square in the World: Place de Concorde. Madonna & Woodrow Wilson have stayed here (odd bedfellows, if you ask me), as have Teddy Roosevelt & Taylor Swift. Edith Piaf, the legendary “La Vie en Rose” singer, as well as Hollywood heavyweight Alfred Hitchcock have both stayed here, as has rocker Mick Jagger. It’s situated between the Tuilerie Gardens & the Champs-Elysees: which means you can walk just about anywhere from here.
- Le Meurice = A Favorite with the Fashion Crowd & Young Hollywood. This is a favorite of European royalty (good enough for Queen Victoria) ~ so you may meet a Prince or Princess here. But it’s also a favorite with old-school Hollywood royalty, Elizabeth Taylor & Orson Welles. Beyonce & Jay-Z are said to have conceived one of their children here, while Justin Bieber was allegedly kicked out during his stay! Twilight star Kristen Stewart, reality star Kim Kardashian, & fashion heavyweights like Vogue editor Anna Wintour & supermodel Kate Moss have all slumbered at Le Meurice…
- The Shangri-La Hotel Paris = Quite Possibly Beyonce’s Favorite Paris Hotel ~ & OH-So-Close to the Eiffel Tower! Legendary burlesque star Dita Von Teese posed for romantic photos in their lush gardens, while Beyonce & Jay-Z have enthusiastically showed off their stays here ~ with iconic views of the Eiffel Tower from their balcony. If you look at the map above, you’ll see that Shangri-La Paris is the absolute closest hotel to the Eiffel Tower: your photos will look like it’s right in your back yard….
- Hotel Plaza Athenee = Gorgeously Situated on the Champs-Elysees. If this hotel looks familiar: it’s where Carrie Bradshaw & Mr. Big (aka Sarah Jessica Parker & Chris Noth) reunited once & for all in the finale of “Sex & the City.” Other famous celebrity guests have included Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, the elusive Marlene Dietrich, Grace Kelly, Sophia Loren, Nicole Richie, Natalie Portman….& Mariah Carey renewed her vows here with Nick Cannon (though that didn’t turn out so well). It’s just steps from the Champs-Elysees & the Seine….
“I wrote about how EXCELLENT this property was 6 years ago. It’s as FABULOUS as ever! Just finished a week there, &everything…rooms, food, people, service was superb. If you’re looking for a great luxury hotel in Paris ~ [the Plaza Athenee] is hard to beat.”
– William, from Aspen, Colorado
Check rates at Hotel Plaza Athenee here.
Photos of Famous Paris Hotels
“Exquisite experience in a glorious ultra-Parisian setting. Could not have been more wonderful on all levels. Staff were exceptional & the hotel lush. Renovated to perfection. Perfect location. Truly memorable!!”
– Janet C.
Check rates at Coco Chanel’s choice: The Ritz Paris.
“I felt completely spoiled [at the Crillon], & whether you’re coming for a special occasion or for business: you always leave feeling like this. Nothing is too much effort. Everything was spectacular, above & beyond ~ from their drivers to the bar staff. I’m already looking forward to next time. Thank you!”
– A Client from London
Check rates at Hotel de Crillon here.
Photos of Le Meurice & Shangri-La
The location cannot be beat: we had a marvelous room on the top floor with balconies overlooking the Tuileries. The thing that impressed me most was the superlative service, especially housekeeping! An amazing view, a luxurious room, & unparalleled attention to their guests: I was incredibly impressed with this hotel.– Kristi C.
Have you ever stayed in a place & said to yourself, ‘There’s no way I will stay anywhere else?’ We’ve found that hotel! What a great experience! From check-in to checkout, it was a tremendous stay. The attention to detail this hotel & their staff has is the best of the best.We were greeted & acknowledged by every staff member we passed, doors were opened for us & greeted with a warm smile. We were treated as if we were staying in the penthouse!! Overall, an AMAZING hotel.– Michael P.