Best Brunch Spots in Paris
Brunch in Paris is THE new thing. While Parisians have long-scoffed at the oversized breakfasts requested by many Americans: now, they’re getting into brunch themselves….& thank goodness for us travelers! There are SO many great brunch places in Paris, it was actually hard for me to narrow down the list. In this article, the “Best Brunch Spots in Paris,” I’ve tried to find something for everyone: the hip corner cafe, the upscale hotel brunch (hello Hotel Plaza Athenee & Shangri-La!), to the more simple cafe that serves up breakfast all-day, every day. Let your mind & taste buds wander as we travel to Paris….
Map of Paris Brunch Spots
Cafe de Flore
La Bauhinia at the Shangri-La
La Nouvelle Seine
Overview of Paris Brunch Spots
First up, a quick overview of each Parisian brunch spot listed alphabetically, with current hours; to look at menus, simply click on the name of the restaurant. Then below, I’ve got photos of each spot so you can get a feel for where you’ll be brunching…
- 5 Pailles = Simple Little Cafe in the 10th Arrondisement. This unassuming yet charming cafe has a small terrace, granola, pancakes, tartines, & all kinds of egg dishes to satisfy your breakfast needs. Hours: Monday-Friday 9AM-3PM, Saturday & Sunday 10AM-4PM.
- Buvette Gastrotheque = Weekend Brunches by Sacre-Coeur. This place looks more like a wine bar than a brunch spot ~ but their weekend brunches are super popular…though their brunch offerings are more classic French fare than hearty American-style. Hours: Saturday & Sunday 10:30AM-4:45PM.
- Cafe de Flore = The Quintessential Cute Corner Cafe in Paris. One of the longest-running cafes in Paris: this is what you think of when you think of a true “Paris Cafe.” Serving up a simple breakfast daily starting at 7:30AM ~ come here to people-watch: you’re right by the University & Luxembourg Gardens. Hours: 7:30AM-1:30AM DAILY.
- Cafe Sainte-Regis = Brunch Right Across from Historic Notre Dame. No other breakfast place on this list will put you so close to Notre Dame (which is currently being restored), & they open at 7AM every day ~ making this one of the earliest places you can grab breakfast. Hours: 7AM-2AM DAILY.
- Cafe Mericourt = Casual ALL-Day Brunch Spot with Specialty Coffees. A cute, white little cafe on the Right Bank offering Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, poached eggs, tartines, & a killer Breakfast Bun. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-3PM, Saturday & Sunday 9:30AM-3:30PM.
- Chez Casimir = Unpretentious LATE Breakfast Spot. Early risers: look elsewhere. Everyone else: come for a reliably good neighborhood breakfast with friendlier service than your typical Paris cafe. Hours: Monday-Friday 11:45AM-2:30PM, Saturday & Sunday 10AM-7PM.
- Coffee Parisien = Several Paris Locations & Straight-Forward Breakfast Fare. Here you can get simple scrambled eggs, Eggs Benedict, Huevos Rancheros, or Chocolate Chip Pancakes ~ plus bagels & waffles. Simple & straight-forward, more American fare. Hours: 12PM-11PM DAILY.
- HolyBelly 5 & 19 = Hip & Lively New Breakfast Joints in Industrial-Chic Setting. Breakfast & lunch are served ALL DAY here, from 9AM-5PM, & they’ve got everything from breakfast staples to more inventive fare. Come & enjoy the BUZZZ! Hours: 9AM-5PM DAILY.
- Kozy Bosquet = Breakfast by the Eiffel Tower. They bill themselves as a “cozy restaurant with good vibes,” & their fantastic location on the Left Bank by all the museums AND the Eiffel Tower is a W-I-N. Grab granola, pancakes, avocado toast, or their “Sexy Benny” with their ALL-WEEK brunch. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-2:30PM, Saturday & Sunday 9:30AM-4PM.
- La Bauhinia at the Shangri-La Hotel = Upscale Brunch with Outdoor Terrace & Eiffel Tower VIEWS. One of the most high-end brunches on the list, La Bauhinia is approachable glamour, with a HUGE breakfast menu, all kinds of juices, fruits, egg dishes, French Toast, smoked salmon, & even some Asian dishes. Hours: 7AM-10:30AM DAILY.
- La Nouvelle Seine = Sunday Brunch Buffet on a Boat! This is the only offering on the list where you can brunch on a boat: & you can only do it on Sundays….so reserve early for this once-upon-a-time-in-Paris experience. Hours: Sunday Brunch ONLY 12PM-2:15PM.
- Loulou Paris = More Lunch than Brunch, But a Gorgeous Setting. Set within the Musee des Artes, by the Tuileries Gardens, sure: this is more a lunch spot. But the garden setting & classic Paris architecture will have you swooning. Hours: 12PM-3PM DAILY.
- Maison Sauvage = Gorgeous Pink Flowers with a Gothic Southern Flair. Pink flowers drip down the edge of Maison Sauvage, making it the most unique exterior on the list: & they serve breakfast daily, from pancakes to omelettes to acai bowls. Hours: 7AM-2AM DAILY.
- Marlon = Cozy “California Cool” by the Eiffel Tower. Tucked right by the Eiffel Tower, Marlon’s got more “California” vibes than Parisian ones, but it’s the hip new kid on the block ~ & one to check out: especially the Avocado Toast with Pomegranate & Feta. Hours: 10AM-11PM DAILY.
- Hotel Plaza Athenee’s La Galerie Restaurant = An Opulent Place to Savor Sunday Brunch or High Tea. Set within the iconic & oh-so-expensive Hotel Plaza Athenee is La Galerie ~ a great place to enjoy a long, leisurely brunch or high tea with some of Paris’ most fashionable residents.
- Terrass = Rooftop Brunch with VIEWS to Die For! Located at the top of the Terrass Hotel is Terrass the restaurant. Not only will you find panoramic views of Paris, but you’ll also find a delicious breakfast buffet. This is an “occasion” place! Hours: 7AM-10:30AM DAILY.
Photos of Paris Brunch Spots
Best Brunch Spots in Paris
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tour of some of the best brunch spots in Paris. For more articles on France, read about some of my favorite chateaux in the Loire Valley, or this guide to wine tasting in Bordeaux. If you’re spending more time in Paris, read my tips for enjoying Paris’ creepy underground catacombs, or simply get inspired to visit France with these 15 iconic French films…