Best Brunch Spots in Newport Beach
My grandparents lived on the Balboa Peninsula for over 40 years, & my aunt & uncle still live there today. Needless to say, I have hundreds of childhood memories from countless visits to Balboa: playing games at the “Fun Zone,” rollerblading with friends along the boardwalk, watching my grandpa body-surf until he was 89 years old, & of course ~ sampling all the best restaurants both on the Peninsula & all over Newport Beach. Few things are better on a Sunday morning than sitting on the waterfront, watching the boats go by in the bay, enjoying a “Bottomless Mimosa” brunch. So on that note, here are some of the “Best Brunch Spots in Newport Beach!”
Map of Newport Beach Brunch Spots
Toast Kitchen & Bakery
Malibu Farm Lido
The Lighthouse Cafe
Sol Mexican Cocina
Billy's at the Beach
Great Maple (in Fashion Island)
Wilma's Patio (on Balboa Island)
Overview of Newport Beach Brunch Spots
First up, I’ll give you a quick overview of each restaurant ~ click on the name of the restaurant & it will take you to their menu. Below, I’ll show photos of each restaurant….
Best Newport Beach Brunch Spots ON the Water
- Malibu Farm Lido = Waterfront Dining in Cute Lido Marina Village. There are lots of vegan & vegetarian options at this beautiful waterfront restaurant; decor is breezy & Hamptons-esque ~ brunch is first-come, first-serve. Come dressed in your Sunday best & enjoy the fantastic people-watching. Heat lamps + blankets will keep you warm year-round on their patio! Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 9AM-9PM; Friday & Saturday, 9AM-10PM.
- The Lighthouse Cafe = Perennial Favorite with EXTENSIVE Cocktail Menu! No other restaurant on the Peninsula has a better “boozy brunch” menu ~ & how do “Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes” sound?? Their “Bottomless Mimosa Brunch” is $17/person, & floor-to-ceiling windows offer up stunning bay views. Hours: 8AM-9PM DAILY.
- Woody’s Wharf = Balboa Peninsula Favorite with $11 BOTTOMLESS Mimosas! Locals love Woody’s, & their $11 Bottomless Mimosas are a big reason why ~ try their Cali Omelette, Lump Crab Benedict, or simple Avocado Toast + Egg. Located on the bay across from Lido Peninsula. Breakfast Hours: Monday-Friday, 10AM-3PM; Saturday & Sunday, 9AM-3:30PM.
- Sol Mexican Cocina = Mexican Restaurant with Marina Views + Weekend Brunch + Live Music! Here you’ll find Mexican brunch specialties, handcrafted margaritas, & live music to spice up your morning. Try their “Froze” or “Casamigos Paloma,” then fill up with a Chorizo Scramble or Breakfast Burrito. Weekend Brunch Hours: 10AM-2PM.
- Rusty Pelican = Old-School Throwback with SUNDAY-ONLY Seafood Brunches. Rusty Pelican has been around for 45 years, but their $3 Mimosas, Seafood Omelette, & Seared Salmon Benedict keep people coming back for their special Sunday brunch. Brunch Hours: SUNDAY ONLY, 11AM-2PM.
- Billy’s at the Beach = Hawaiian-Island Inspired Tropical Vibes with Great Drink Selection! Located right next to Rusty Pelican, grab a simple American Breakfast at Billy’s, some Hawaiian-style donuts, or Banana Nut Pancakes ~ then wash it down with a Pina Colada! You’re on “Island Time” here… Brunch Hours: SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY, 10AM-4PM.
Best Newport Beach Brunch Spots NOT on Water
- Eat Chow = Clean, Crisp Cafe with EXCELLENT Food + Rave Reviews. Eat Chow offers more traditional American breakfast choices ~ think French Toast, Benedicts, Avocado Toast, & Egg White Omelets. But a Spicy Chorizo Hash & Cubano Sandwich offer more exotic flair. Breakfast Hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-11AM; Saturday & Sunday, 8AM-3PM.
- Toast Kitchen & Bakery (in Costa Mesa) = Popular Costa Mesa Breakfast Spot with FULL Cocktail Menu! Enjoy gorgeous craft cocktails with your Sunday brunch: think “Champagne Flight,” a Blood-Orange Bourbon concoction, or their twist on an Aperol Spritz…with mezcal!? The breakfast menu is pretty small: try their Thai Sesame French Toast or Acai Bowl. Hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 8AM-3PM; CLOSED MONDAYS.
- Wilma’s Patio (on Balboa Island) = Cozy Cottage on Balboa Island Serving Breakfast ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!! Balboa Island is a local’s favorite, & you’ll find Wilma’s Patio on popular Marina Avenue ~ this is a HUGE breakfast menu & it’s served up every day of the week. Breakfast Hours: EVERY DAY, 8AM-8:30PM.
- Great Maple (in Fashion Island) = Adorable European-Style Cafe Set in Newport’s Most Popular Outdoor Mall. Fashion Island is THE place to shop in Newport ~ & Great Maple is THE place to brunch at Fashion Island! Farm-to table dining with a European flair & a darling patio await you here. Their beignets are a MUST-try ~ & they’re pet-friendly! Hours: Monday-Friday, 10AM-9PM; Saturday & Sunday, 9AM-9PM.