Best Brunch Spots in Manhattan Beach
Hermosa & Manhattan Beach used to be some of my old stomping grounds…my cousin & I lived there for two years, in an oceanview apartment that cost $1,800/month! Yes, this was awhile ago: prices have since gone way up. But I have very fond memories of walking along the boardwalk for a leisurely Sunday stroll, stopping in for brunch at popular spots like Martha’s on 22nd in Hermosa, or the classic 24-hour diner, The Kettle. There’s a ton of good food & good times to be had around MB, & here we’ll list some of the “Best Brunch Spots in Manhattan Beach!”
In this article, I’ll be referring to Manhattan Beach as “MB” pretty often ~ both to shorten it, & because that’s how it’s referred to by many locals. And for those of you who are new to the area, Manhattan Beach is like the Newport Beach of the South Bay: it’s a little more upscale than neighboring Hermosa.
Map of Manhattan Beach Brunch Spots
Uncle Bill's Pancake House
Martha's on 22nd
Ocean View Cafe
Search Tours in Nearby Redondo…
Overview of Brunch Spots in Manhattan Beach
First up, I’ll give you a quick overview of what makes each breakfast spot special ~ & if they’ve got an online menu, it’s linked below…just click on the name of the restaurant.
- The Kettle = 24-Hour Comfort Food by the Beach Since 1973. When I lived in Hermosa Beach, my cousin & I came here a lot: The Kettle is a STAPLE. For breakfast they’ve got all kinds of Benedicts, Huevos Rancheros, a Pulled Pork Breakfast Burrito, & Banana Foster French Toast. Wine, beer, & mimosas are served too. Open 24 Hours.
- Cafe Wild = Beachy Brunch & Lunch Spot by El Porto. Located in North Manhattan Beach, the food here is BOMB!! Try their Point Break Breakfast Sandwich, Vegan Hash, Full English Breakfast ~ or stick around for delicious healthy lunch options. They’re pet-friendly (with a “Dog Menu”) & offer mimosas, wine, & Bloody Mary’s! Hours: 8AM-2PM DAILY.
- Uncle Bill’s Pancake House = Homey MB Breakfast Staple with Ocean Views. They’ve got eggs & omelettes, loads of pancakes, waffles, cereal, & fruit. Straight-forward fare, & they offer lunch food too (with great fries). Hours: 7AM-3PM DAILY.
- Ocean View Cafe = Cute Breakfast Spot on Side Street with Ocean Views. Stunning views greet you here, as does family-run, friendly service & a good coffee menu. Famed for their Chilaquiles, Breakfast Burritos, a plethora of pancakes (like Blueberry & Chocolate), + seafood dishes ~ you’ve got a big menu to keep you satisfied. Get here early ~ it’s a small place! Hours: 9AM-4PM, Monday-Friday; 8AM-4PM, Saturday & Sunday.
- Rockefeller = Weekend Brunches with BOTTOMLESS Mimosas + Great White Sangria. They do brunch Friday-Sunday (not the rest of the week), & have one of the most extensive drink menus: get bottomless mimosas (Guava, Peach, Watermelon, or OJ), or their famous Sangria. For food, try Avocado Toast, their Sancho Breakfast Burrito, Chicken + Waffles, or a Veggie Scramble. Located right on Highland Ave, by The Kettle. Brunch Hours: 11AM-3PM on Friday, 9AM-3PM on Saturday & Sunday.
- Martha’s on 22nd = Local’s Favorite in Hermosa Beach….Usually with a Wait! Though it’s in Hermosa ~ Martha’s is so close to MB, I’m including it on the list (we used to go here a lot). Breakfast favorites include Eggs Florentine, a Breakfast Burger, Veggie Omelette, or their crispy Hash Browns. Wash it down with a Matcha Latte, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, or “Roseade” (Rose + lemonade spritz). Delish! Hours: 7AM-3PM DAILY.
- Bluestone Lane = Great People-Watching with Bright Blue & White Patio. Set right on busy Manhattan Beach Blvd, Bluestone is right in the middle of everything. Try their popular Avocado Smash, Soft Chili Scramble, Breakfast Bowl, or Banana Bread. Breakfast is served ALL DAY here!! They’ve also got smoothies & green juice. Hours: 7AM-4PM DAILY.
Photos of Manhattan Beach Brunch Spots
Best Brunch Spots in Manhattan Beach
That’s a wrap on great breakfast spots in Manhattan Beach! If you’re in the area for awhile, check out some of Viator’s tours in nearby Redondo Beach ~ which include surf lessons & E-bike tours along the boardwalk….
Read Next: Best Brunch Spots in Newport Beach