Best Brunch Spots in Palm Springs
According to the “Points Guy” & Forbes Magazine: Palm Springs is one of THE top destinations for 2021. I’m currently in the desert now, & hiking trails that are normally deserted look like super highways! Palm Springs is also a foodie’s paradise, & because its restaurants have been hit so hard by 2020, I’m writing this article to highlight some of the area’s fantastic brunch spots ~ where you can order take-out for now, & enjoy in person (hopefully) very soon. Here are the some of the “Best Brunch Spots in Palm Springs!”
Great breakfast spots in other desert cities like La Quinta & Palm Desert can be found at the end of the article.
Map of Palm Springs Brunch Spots
Wilma & Frieda's
The Pink Cabana
The Tack Room
Overview of Brunch Spots in Palm Springs
First up, I’ll give you a quick overview of what makes each restaurant special, where you’re likely to find the longest waits, etc. Below that, I’ll show photos of each restaurant so you can get a feel for where you’d like to spend your morning….
- FARM = The Freshest Food in Town & Cute Outdoor Patio. FARM is a top-rated French restaurant with Provencal style & the #1 breakfast in town (or so says Yelp). You’ll likely find a long wait here ~ unless you get in early. Hours: 8AM-2PM.
- Cheeky’s = The Most Popular Breakfast in Town. There’s almost ALWAYS a wait at Cheeky’s ~ it’s popular with both locals & out-of-towners, known for specialties like their bacon flight. More “hipster” than FARM. Hours: 8AM-2PM.
- Spencer’s = Best View in Town. Spencer’s isn’t listed for brunch on Yelp ~ which I find a little nutty: it’s one of the most well-known Sunday brunches around. They’ve got one of the biggest patios in town, set up in the hills: so if you want great views while brunching…head here. Breakfast Hours: 8AM-11AM; Sunday Brunch: 8AM-2:30PM.
- Pinocchio’s = The Rowdiest Brunch Party. Pinocchio’s has a HUGE outdoor patio & it’s the rowdiest brunch in town; when my friends & I tried to go, there was an hour wait! Great for larger parties & bachelorette-type events, but not known for the best food in town. Hours: 7:30AM-2PM.
- Wilma & Frieda’s = Most Popular with Locals. They’ve got another location on El Paseo in Palm Desert ~ & both are always packed. Their slogan: “Comfort food with a twist.” Hours: 10AM-2PM.
- Sherman’s Deli = Famous Deli with Delicious Breakfast Too. Sherman’s has been around forever & is supremely popular with locals ~ but they’re more known for their famous “Sandwich Board” than they are their breakfast. Both are delicious, & they’ve always offered to-go food. Hours: 8AM-9PM.
- Billy Reed’s = A Little More Off-the-Beaten-Path Breakfast. Locals know about Billy Reed’s ~ but most tourists don’t, simply because it’s further north on Palm Canyon (not right downtown). They offer a huge indoor dining area & curbside pick-up; I love the old-school vibe here & lack of pretension. Great breakfast. Hours: 9AM-8PM.
- Revel House = The Least Busy Breakfast in Town. When FARM, Cheeky’s, & Pinocchio’s have hour-long waits ~ pop over to Revel House, which is right next door. Sit on their small outdoor patio & enjoy a bottomless mimosa brunch. To date, this is the most FUN brunch I’ve had in Palm Springs….my friends & I stayed there for FOUR hours! Brunch ONLY on Weekends: 8AM-12PM.
- Grand Central = New Kid on the Block. This hip & funky cafe is the newest entry on the list ~ & so far, the reviews are good. It’s the only place where I haven’t eaten, but they’re offering to-go breakfast right now as well as coffee. Hours: 8AM-7:30PM.
Photos of Palm Springs Brunch Spots
Best Brunch Spots in Other Desert Cities…
Though Palm Springs has the most breakfast joints ~ it doesn’t mean they have the only ones. Here’s a quick run-down on the best breakfast spots in other desert cities.
- Best Breakfast in Cathedral City: Michael’s Cafe. Don’t let Michael’s strip-center setting fool you: this is one damn good breakfast! With Marilyn Monroe decor on the walls, there’s a great vintage Palm Springs vibe here ~ but the main event is their delicious breakfast (their French Toast is FAB).
- Best Breakfast in Palm Desert: Keedy’s & Wilma & Frieda’s. Keedy’s is one of the oldest breakfast joints around, & is SUPER popular with locals; Wilma & Frieda’s is newer & fancier ~ both have great food.
- Best Brunch in Indian Wells: The Pink Cabana. This is the most “Palm Springs” place on this list (it’s also the cover photo) ~ if anything, go there for great photos. The Pink Cabana is in the newly-renovated Sands Hotel & I’ve been there: the food is DELICIOUS. They’re more than just a pretty face!
- Best Breakfast in La Quinta: Louise’s Pantry & Ernie’s (at PGA West). For a good, old-fashioned & quick-service breakfast, head to La Quinta’s most popular breakfast spot: Louise’s Pantry. For golf course views, head out to PGA West & enjoy brunch on the patio at Ernie’s (open to the public).
- Best Breakfast in Indio: The Tack Room. This is probably my favorite spot on the list ~ I love western, cowboy-vibe (it’s located on the Coachella grounds, by the polo fields). They’re mainly known for being a bar, but they’ve got one of the best breakfasts in the valley. Brunch only available on Sundays.
Best Brunch Spots in Palm Springs
That’s it for great breakfast joints in the Coachella Valley….happy eating & drinking in 2021 & beyond!
Read Next: Best Golf Courses in Palm Springs