Best Apres-Ski Spots in Breckenridge
Breckenridge is one of Colorado’s liveliest ski towns ~ & that’s saying a lot, because Colorado is FULL of epic ski towns. Breck, as it’s known locally, attracts a fun-loving, down-to-earth crowd ( a little different than the crowd at Aspen, for example), & plenty of families as well. The mountain is massive, with five peaks & almost 3,000 skiable acres: everyone will find trails to satisfy them here. And the apres-ski scene is phenomenal ~ the only other Colorado town that rivals it, in my opinion, is Vail. I’ve already written about Breck’s best ski-in/ski-out hotels, so as a follow-up, this article will dive into the very “Best Apres-Ski Spots in Breckenridge.”
GWTW Tip: The town of Breckenridge sits at the lofty elevation of 9,600 feet, which can really affect some people in terms of altitude sickness. If you’ve had problems with altitude before, check with your doctor to see about bringing medication ~ or plan to ease into skiing your first day or two.
Map of Breckenridge Apres-Ski Spots
The Canteen Taphouse
Best “On-Mountain” Apres-Spots
Just so you know up-front: most of the on-mountain dining options are known for being very over-priced, for what is generally regarded as pretty average food. BUT ~ the trade-off is: amazing views of the slopes, great live entertainment, & some of the best people-watching around. Click on the name of the restaurant to reach their menu & website.
- Coppertop Bar & Cafe = Great Views of Beaver Run at Peak 9. This lively upstairs bar offers music four nights per week, ensuring a lively apres-scene. Food includex chili, a couple salad options, pizza, or a 1/3-pound Wagyu burger, plus lots of sandwiches. They also have daily drink specials & a full bar. Hours: 10AM-5PM DAILY.
- Sevens = Full-Service Dining at Peak 7 Inside the Grand Lodge. Enjoy a rustic-chic setting with panoramic mountain views, plus a beautiful outdoor patio. The menu is primarily pizza & sandwiches, but they also offer entrees such as Grilled Lamb, Ribeye, & Fish & Chips. Open later than Coppertop, this is one of the only on-mountain options for dinner. Hours: 11AM-9PM DAILY.
- T-Bar Breck = Lively, Full-Service Bar & Grill on Peak 8. If you want to share appetizers with friends post-ski: head to the T-Bar, where they’ve got great shared plates, including chicken wings, corn dogs, & Bavarian pretzels. Those looking for healthier options will find a good selection of salads, plus entrees & burgers. As for drinks, check out their Brisket Bloody or a simple Hot Toddy. Hours: 11AM-4:30PM Sunday-Thursday; 11AM-6PM Friday & Saturday.
- The Maggie = Local’s Favorite with Live Music at Base of Peak 9. One of the mountain’s only apres-spots where you can also grab a hearty breakfast, their location close to town makes it popular with both tourists & locals. Pub-style food, a HUGE outdoor deck, & great views of the slopes make this place perennially happening. Hours: 8AM-4PM DAILY (Stays Open Later Some Days).
Best “In-Town” Apres-Spots in Breck
The general consensus of eating in-town vs. on-the-mountain in Breckenridge: you’ll find a higher-quality of food in town, at about the same price. You may not get a front-row view of the slopes, but you will get fresher, tastier fare.
- Cabin Juice = Woodsy Lodge-Style Eatery with Seasonal Dishes & Craft Cocktails. With far higher-quality fare than you’ll find on the mountain, including a delicious breakfast menu, grass-fed burgers, seasonal salads, a special “Apres” menu, & fun cocktails like Aperol Spritz’s ~ Cabin Juice offers more bang for your buck in terms of quality than on-mountain restaurants, with longer hours. Hours: 7AM-10PM DAILY.
- Fatty’s Pizzeria & Sports Bar = Italian-Style Pizzeria with Flower-Filled Outdoor Patios. If you feel like eating Italian food in Breck: head to Fatty’s. Open late, this cute sports bar has 21 TV’s, homemade pizza, & a great happy hour ~ all set in an 1800’s-era building. And the owner loves flowers, which is why his patios (upstairs & down) are sooo beautifully adorned. Hours: 11AM-12AM DAILY.
- Kenosha Steakhouse = Cute Outdoor Patio with Extensive Wine List + Full Bar. Come to Kenosha for one of the most well-rounded wine lists in town, a gaggle of microbrews, all kinds of specialty margaritas ~ plus their special “Winter Warmer Cocktails.” Food includes steak, sandwiches, fish, lots of salads, & plenty of appetizers: a great all-around menu. Hours: 11:30AM-9PM DAILY.
- South Ridge Seafood Grill = Some of the Freshest Seafood in Breck. Head to South Ridge for Crispy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, New England Clam Chowder, Crab Cakes, Salmon, or Lobster Tails ~ this is your place for seafood. Plus, they’ve got Happy Hour daily from 4-6PM. Dinner Hours: 4PM-Close DAILY; CLOSED Tuesdays.
- The Canteen Taphouse & Tavern = Fun Taphouse & Great People-Watching on Main Street. Share tapas here such as wings or green chili fries, try their Ahi Poke Salad, one of many burgers, or their Pork Street Tacos. Lots of options here, plus a great wine list + full bar. Happy Hour daily from 2-5PM. Hours: 11AM-9PM DAILY.
Best Apres-Ski Spots in Breckenridge
That’s a wrap on great apres-ski spots in Breckenridge ~ just know that this is by no means a complete list, as Breck is FILLED with great restaurants & bars. If you’re looking for more articles on Colorado ski towns, check out this article about great ski resorts in Beaver Creek, or this one on some of Aspen’s poshest ski-side hotels.