Best Coffee Shops in Palm Springs
Palm Springs is coming into its true *season* right now: when the weather most everywhere else gets chilly, the weather in the desert gets just about perfect. Perfect for ordering an iced latte from a cherished coffee shop & enjoying it outside, under sunny skies. In Palm Springs: these dreams can easily become reality. November in the desert, for example, sees highs around 80 degrees ~ with virtually no rain. So to take full advantage of that gorgeous weather, here we’ll discuss some of the “Best Coffee Shops in Palm Springs!”
So that you can plan your warm winter trips accordingly….
If you want to follow up coffee with some breakfast, check out the best brunch spots in Palm Springs….
Map of Palm Springs Coffee Shops
Cafe La Jefa
4 Paws Coffee
Gre Coffee House & Art Gallery
Cartel Coffee Lab (in ARRIVE)
Overview of Palm Springs Coffee Shops
Here’s a quick snapshot of each coffee shop, with current hours listed. Click on the name of the shop to visit their website….places are listed from north to south.
(So if you’re driving out from L.A., for instance, you’ll hit 4 Paws Coffee first…)
- 4 Paws Coffee = Pet-Friendly Strip Center Coffee Shop in North Palm Springs. Not only do they serve organic, fair-trade espresso ~ they also offer goodies like Almond Croissants, Honey Lavender Lattes, & yummy Breakfast Turkey Croissants. Indoor & outdoor seating, & if you come with your pup: they get a special treat too! Hours: 6:30AM-3PM DAILY.
- Cartel Coffee Lab = Hip Coffee Cafe Set within ARRIVE Hotel. “HIP SCENE – STRONG BREWS,” is how one review describes this new spot in the ARRIVE Hotel. Try an Iced Green Tea, healthy Matcha, or their strong espresso, & enjoy people-watching. A little bit of seating inside; more outside. Hours: 7AM-6PM DAILY.
- Ernest Coffee = Modern Independent Stumptown-Serving Corner Coffee Shop. Right next to Bootlegger Tiki (one of the best Palm Springs happy hour spots) is Ernest Coffee ~ set on the corner with shaded seating outdoors & ample seating inside. Great for those seeking BOLD PNW coffee. Hours: 6AM-5PM DAILY.
- Cafe La Jefa = Instagram-Friendly Colorful New Coffee House (with PINK Lids)!! Lots of seating outdoors, a chill atmosphere, mountain views, & grassy-green sign perfect for photo backdrops: what’s not to love here? Their iced coffees get special raves, & you’ve also got freshly-baked pastries & wraps if you need a bite. Hours: 7AM-5PM DAILY.
- Koffi (North Palm Springs) = Local’s Favorite with 3 Desert Locations. Koffi’s north location has a gorgeous back outdoor courtyard to enjoy your coffee in ~ be sure to check it out. Their coffee is consisently rated the best in the desert; they also have breakfast sandwiches & light salads. Hours: 6:30AM-5PM DAILY.
- Bluebird Days = Cute To-Go Coffee Spot Located in the Lighthouse Dispensary. If you just want to grab-&-go coffee for your downtown walk, stop by & try a Lavender White Mocha, Iced Honey Cinnamon Latte, or Iced Oat Milk Latte. There’s communal outdoor seating too. Hours: 9AM-5PM DAILY.
- Gre Records & Coffee House = Quirky & Unique Record Store with Books & Coffee. Come here to check out some vinyls, grab good coffee, & chat with the friendly owner & baristas. This is a hip & cozy spot…& the walls are COVERED with art & color! Hours: 9AM-6PM DAILY.
- Ristretto = Bright & Light Cafe in South Palm Springs. There’s LOTS of indoor seating here, making it a good candidate for remote work. Some say the coffee’s not strong enough, & the furnishings lack a bit of character: but you can get pastries, breakfast classics, bagels, salads, & sandwiches here in a relaxed environment. Hours: 6AM-1PM DAILY.
Photos of Palm Springs Coffee Shops
Best Coffee Shops in Palm Springs
That’s a wrap on great coffee in Palm Springs….but, if you’re looking for more articles on the desert: read about where celebrities stay in Palm Springs, discover the area’s top golf courses, gear up for some great desert hikes, & learn where Palm Spring’s best bike trails are ~ most of which are family-friendly!
Read Next: Best Pools for Laying Out in Palm Springs