Where to Stay in Hood River
I’ve already written about when to visit the Hood River Fruit Loop (an Oregon rite of passage), & how to spend a great long weekend there ~ so I figured now was time to cover the basics, specifically: “Where to Stay in Hood River.” From great romantic getaways to family-friendly resorts, many of which are located right on the water….to great options in-town, that allow you to walk to restaurants & bars, as well as a new minimalist spa hotel & cozy B&B: there’s a great lodging option for everyone in this cute riverside town.
Map of Hood River Hotels
Best Western Hood River
Inn at the Gorge
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Columbia Cliff Villa Hotel
The Society Hotel
Hood River Hotel
Overview of Hotels in Hood River
I hate having to scroll through an entire article (& TONS of ads) to get to the gist of it: so right off the top, here’s my overview & categories for hotels in Hood River. Below will follow photos of each hotel & a chance to check pricing.
- Best Hotels for Families in Hood River: With a fantastic waterfront location that’s pet-friendly ~ the Best Western Hood River Inn ($219+) is my top choice for families. Rooms are large, with many offering sitting rooms & kitchens, making it a great choice for larger groups. And they’ve got a nice outdoor pool & hot tub with views of the river. Also great for families (& couples), is the dramatically-located Westcliff Lodge ($144+). With seven acres overlooking the Gorge, this family-run hotel has simple yet large rooms, most with great views ~ & lots of room to explore outside. Staff is very welcoming & friendly.
- Best “In-Town” Hotel Choice: If you prefer to stay right in town & walk to morning coffee (or the bars at night), check into historic Hood River Hotel ($196+). Though it was built in 1888, the hotel has been recently updated with a hip new lobby & modern-everything. Rooms here are smaller than at the Best Western, but definitely more chic. And you won’t need to drive after dinner, as most of Hood River’s great restaurants are walkable from this hotel.
- Best New Minimalist Spa Hotel, “Across the River”: Right across from Hood River, on the Washington side of the Gorge, is a new hotel/hostel:” The Society Hotel -Bingen ($82+). Built in an old schoolhouse, this hotel is an interesting concept: you share bathrooms ~ making it more like a hostel; but then you have a beautiful spa & pool, as well as edgy & modern rooms ~ making it more like a hip wellness retreat. This is my top pick for solo travelers, but it also works for adults & couples seeking relaxation & a spa retreat.
- Best Bed & Breakfast in Hood River: For quaint & charming, you can’t beat Inn at the Gorge ($208+). With only five rooms, a beautiful garden, & nice terrace to sip champagne on: this is the most intimate hotel choice in town. The bonus here is the fabulous breakfast that awaits in the morning, & what’s also nice is that you can walk into town from the Inn ~ though it’s a little further from downtown than the Hood River Hotel.
- Most Romantic Places to Stay in Hood River: Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa ($188+) & Columbia Cliff Villas Hotel ($199+) ~ both have stunning cliff-front locations with Gorge views, lending to a romantic feel. The grounds of Columbia Gorge are so lovely, they often host weddings during the summer. What distinguishes the two hotels: Columbia Gorge has its very own waterfall (which can be seen below) as well as a lovely historic feel & beautiful grounds; while Columbia Cliffs doesn’t offer the same pretty gardens, & also doesn’t have a restaurant or room service. But beds are comfy & views are lovely.
Check rates at the Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa.
Photos of Best Family Hotels in Hood River
Check rates at the pet-friendly Best Western Plus Hood River Inn….
Check rates at cozy Westcliff Lodge…
Photos of Other Hood River Hotels…
Check rates at the historic Hood River Hotel, located right downtown Hood River.
The Society Hotel – Bingen is a great choice for solo travelers & those seeking a little more peace & relaxation, plus spa services.
Inn at the Gorge is walkable to downtown ~ but its five rooms set amidst tranquil gardens offer both romance & charm.
Best Hotels in Hood River
That concludes our overview of great Hood River hotels. Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments below, & if you’re headed on to Bend, read this article on how to spend a great long weekend there.
Read Next: The Perfect 3-Day Weekend in Hood River