Where to Apres-Ski in Aspen, Colorado
Aspen has one of the hottest apres-ski scenes in the country: & it’s the kind of place where you may find Kate Hudson or Goldie Hawn sitting next to you….it’s that kind of a place. Many celebrities have homes here, & you may even spot a Kardashian (or four) wandering around town. I’ve already written about the best ski-in/ski-out hotels in Aspen ~ & there is some crossover with this article, because several of the town’s best apres-spots are set within these hotels. From casual to super-posh, here we’ll find out “Where to Apres-Ski in Aspen, Colorado.”
Map of Aspen Apres-Spots
French Alpine Bistro
J Bar at Hotel Jerome
The Snow Lodge at St. Regis Aspen
The Wine Bar at The Little Nell
Bad Harriet at Hotel Jerome
Best Apres-Ski Spots at Aspen Mountain
In this article, I’m only discussing apres-spots that sit right at the base of Aspen Mountain. If you’re staying at Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, or Snowmass ~ I’ll cover those in a separate article.
- The Sundeck = “Oldie But a Goodie” on TOP of Aspen Mountain. Not only is this the oldest apres-spot in Aspen ~ it’s also one of the most casual. Located right at the top of Aspen Mountain with buffet-style service, this is as casual as it gets in this town. Try their Wok Station, or grab soup, pizza, or sandwiches. They’ve got a huge fireplace inside to keep you warm, or on a sunny day: check out their huge outdoor patio. Hours: 11AM-3:30PM DAILY.
- Ajax Tavern at The Little Nell = Best PARTY & People-Watching Spot at Base of Mountain. Ski right off the mountain & into Ajax’s super-fun, super-large outdoor patio. This is a great spot to “see & be seen,” & watch everyone coming down the slopes. They’re famous for their Truffle Fries & Ajax Double Cheeseburger. Hours: 11:30AM-10PM DAILY.
- The Wine Bar at The Little Nell = More Upscale & Intimate than Ajax Tavern with DJ. Also at The Little Nell is what used to be “Chair 9” ~ that’s been reinvented into The Wine Bar. Sleek, modern furnishings let you enjoy sounds from the DJ in a more upscale setting than Ajax…but it can turn into a dance party here the later it gets! One of the most extensive wine lists in town. Hours: 3:30PM-11PM DAILY.
- The Snow Lodge at St. Regis Aspen = NEW Supper Club Meets Apres-Spot inside St. Regis. It’s a party outside here ~ & a little more glamorous & *bougie* inside at the Snow Lodge. Try their seasonal, Chef-driven Italian cuisine or sip on a craft cocktail. If you step into their “Blue Room,” you can watch an impromptu DJ set, cabaret show, or an *Unplugged* acoustic concert. There’s a lot going on here! Hours: 3:30PM-11PM DAILY.
- Limelight Lounge = Gourmet Comfort Food inside the Limelight Hotel. Happy Hour is from 3PM-5PM here, & it’s set in a modern, newly-renovated bar & lounge. The Limelight is one of Aspen’s less-pretentious hotels, & service here is friendly & relaxed ~ try the Wood-Fired Pizza they’re known for. Hours: 3PM-10PM DAILY.
- French Alpine Bistro = Darling COZY Bistro with a Woodsy, Romantic Vibe. If you’re looking for a super-cozy, Shabby-chic spot for your apres: step into this romantic little venue, located by Hotel Jerome. Try their cheese fondue, Summer Salad, or one of their Savory Crepes ~ then wash it down with a Spicy Marg or Bangkok Mule. Hours: 11:30AM-11PM DAILY.
- J Bar at Hotel Jerome = Glamorous Old-West Saloon Vibes in Popular Luxury Hotel. The J Bar’s been around so long that Hunter S. Thompson famously used to haunt its bar stools: this is definitely a potential celeb-spottting kind of place. They’ve got burgers, fries, salads, steak, oysters, & a killer Shrimp Cocktail here ~ plus a full bar with all kinds of Specialty Cocktails. Hours: 11:30AM-12AM DAILY (Open Later on Weekends).
- Bad Harriet at Hotel Jerome = New Speakeasy with a “Plaid & Leather” Rebel’s Vibe. Named after the wife of Hotel Jerome’s original proprietor: craft cocktails served with an avant-garde flair is the name of the game here. But this isn’t a traditional apres-spot, as they aren’t open until 6PM. Food is very elevated & served in courses…like Sashimi, Japanese Wagyu, or Grilled Miso Fish. Hours: 6PM-1AM, Wednesday – Sunday.
Photos of Aspen Apres-Spots
The Sundeck & Ajax Tavern are among the more relaxed spots, where you can roll up in your ski gear. Most of the other spots are a little more “high-class,” & you may want to change clothes….unless you’re on the patio(s), which tend to be more casual.