Where to Apres-Ski in Aspen, Colorado
Aspen has one of the hottest apres-ski scenes in the country: & it’s the kind of place where you may find Kate Hudson or Goldie Hawn sitting next to you….it’s that kind of a place. Many celebrities have homes here, & you may even spot a Kardashian (or four) wandering around town. I’ve already written about the best ski-in/ski-out hotels in Aspen ~ & there is some crossover with this article, because several of the town’s best apres-spots are set within these hotels. From casual to super-posh, here we’ll find out “Where to Apres-Ski in Aspen, Colorado.”
Map of Aspen Apres-Spots
French Alpine Bistro
J Bar at Hotel Jerome
The Snow Lodge at St. Regis Aspen
The Wine Bar at The Little Nell
Bad Harriet at Hotel Jerome
Best Apres-Ski Spots at Aspen Mountain
In this article, I’m only discussing apres-spots that sit right at the base of Aspen Mountain. If you’re staying at Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, or Snowmass ~ I’ll cover those in a separate article.
- The Sundeck = “Oldie But a Goodie” on TOP of Aspen Mountain. Not only is this the oldest apres-spot in Aspen ~ it’s also one of the most casual. Located right at the top of Aspen Mountain with buffet-style service, this is as casual as it gets in this town. Try their Wok Station, or grab soup, pizza, or sandwiches. They’ve got a huge fireplace inside to keep you warm, or on a sunny day: check out their huge outdoor patio. Hours: 11AM-3:30PM DAILY.
- Ajax Tavern at The Little Nell = Best PARTY & People-Watching Spot at Base of Mountain. Ski right off the mountain & into Ajax’s super-fun, super-large outdoor patio. This is a great spot to “see & be seen,” & watch everyone coming down the slopes. They’re famous for their Truffle Fries & Ajax Double Cheeseburger. Hours: 11:30AM-10PM DAILY.
- The Wine Bar at The Little Nell = More Upscale & Intimate than Ajax Tavern with DJ. Also at The Little Nell is what used to be “Chair 9” ~ that’s been reinvented into The Wine Bar. Sleek, modern furnishings let you enjoy sounds from the DJ in a more upscale setting than Ajax…but it can turn into a dance party here the later it gets! One of the most extensive wine lists in town. Hours: 3:30PM-11PM DAILY.
- The Snow Lodge at St. Regis Aspen = NEW Supper Club Meets Apres-Spot inside St. Regis. It’s a party outside here ~ & a little more glamorous & *bougie* inside at the Snow Lodge. Try their seasonal, Chef-driven Italian cuisine or sip on a craft cocktail. If you step into their “Blue Room,” you can watch an impromptu DJ set, cabaret show, or an *Unplugged* acoustic concert. There’s a lot going on here! Hours: 3:30PM-11PM DAILY.
- Limelight Lounge = Gourmet Comfort Food inside the Limelight Hotel. Happy Hour is from 3PM-5PM here, & it’s set in a modern, newly-renovated bar & lounge. The Limelight is one of Aspen’s less-pretentious hotels, & service here is friendly & relaxed ~ try the Wood-Fired Pizza they’re known for. Hours: 3PM-10PM DAILY.
- French Alpine Bistro = Darling COZY Bistro with a Woodsy, Romantic Vibe. If you’re looking for a super-cozy, Shabby-chic spot for your apres: step into this romantic little venue, located by Hotel Jerome. Try their cheese fondue, Summer Salad, or one of their Savory Crepes ~ then wash it down with a Spicy Marg or Bangkok Mule. Hours: 11:30AM-11PM DAILY.
- J Bar at Hotel Jerome = Glamorous Old-West Saloon Vibes in Popular Luxury Hotel. The J Bar’s been around so long that Hunter S. Thompson famously used to haunt its bar stools: this is definitely a potential celeb-spottting kind of place. They’ve got burgers, fries, salads, steak, oysters, & a killer Shrimp Cocktail here ~ plus a full bar with all kinds of Specialty Cocktails. Hours: 11:30AM-12AM DAILY (Open Later on Weekends).
- Bad Harriet at Hotel Jerome = New Speakeasy with a “Plaid & Leather” Rebel’s Vibe. Named after the wife of Hotel Jerome’s original proprietor: craft cocktails served with an avant-garde flair is the name of the game here. But this isn’t a traditional apres-spot, as they aren’t open until 6PM. Food is very elevated & served in courses…like Sashimi, Japanese Wagyu, or Grilled Miso Fish. Hours: 6PM-1AM, Wednesday – Sunday.
Photos of Aspen Apres-Spots
The Sundeck & Ajax Tavern are among the more relaxed spots, where you can roll up in your ski gear. Most of the other spots are a little more “high-class,” & you may want to change clothes….unless you’re on the patio(s), which tend to be more casual.
Best Apres-Ski Spots in Aspen, Colorado
That’s a wrap on great apres-ski spots in Aspen! If you’re looking for more articles on Aspen, check out some of the town’s poshest ski-in/ski-out resorts.
Read Next: Best Ski-in Ski-Out Resorts in Beaver Creek
Love this overview of Aspen’s apres-scene. Will be using as a guide for our next girl’s trip!
Fantastic, Alexis! xoxo
What are your thoughts on skiing Aspen vs. Vail?
Hi Allie! So, if you’re coming from the Denver area & driving: Vail is clearly the better choice, as it’s less than a 2-hour drive vs. more than 4 hours to Aspen. If you’re flying in from somewhere, & able to afford flying directly into Aspen, AND you’re an above-average skier/boarder: then Aspen is a great choice. Aspen’s main mountain has almost no greens, so it’s not ideal for beginners. Nearby resorts like Buttermilk & Snowmass are better choices in that respect. Hope that helps! xoxo
We just did a girl’s ski weekend in Aspen and made a stop every day at the Sundeck: GOOD TIMES!! We wanted somewhere low-key where we could roll up in our ski gear, and this was the perfect spot. Thanks! Elaina
Love to hear that, Elaina! xoxo
The French Alpine Bistro looks amazing!
Right?! I absolutely LOVE their decor! Looks amazing.