Welcome to Cuba!
Traveling to Cuba is like traveling back in time. As though you’ve stepped onto a 1950’s movie set…you might see Humphrey Bogart or Ingrid Bergman turn the corner any moment. Cuba is classic. Timeless. History & smoke linger in the air. Vintage cars line up at the airport, waiting to whisk you off to lively Havana. Your driver turns on Latin music, & he turns it up LOUD. Cubans love music, & boy ~ have they got rhythm! They LOVE to dance. At the nightclub, they aren’t on their phones. They’re dancing. And they’re dancing with more passion than you’ll ever find pretty much anywhere else in the world…
Your phone may not work in Cuba, & Wi-Fi is scarce ~ but it won’t matter. You’ll be too caught up in the moment…in awe of the old cars, cigars, & sexy Cubanos strolling the streets. So sit back, take a puff on a stogie, & enjoy the ride that is Cuba…
Cuba Quick Facts!
- Cuba in One Word = Sexy.
- Cuba in One More Word = Classic.
- Wi-Fi = Terrible.
- What You Need = CASH. CASH. CASH.
- What Won’t Work = Your credit & ATM cards. Not even at fancy hotels.
- Global Peace Ranking = #85 out of 163 (U.S. is #103) = Very little crime.
- Hotels = Pricey & not great quality ~ stay at an Airbnb & pay in advance from the States.
- Must-Do’s = Drive in vintage cars. Swim in turquoise water. Get lost wandering Old Town Havana. Go salsa dancing.
- Best Bars for Dancing = 1830, Hotel Florida, Hotel Inglaterra, Cafe la Musica.
- Is Cuba Good for Solo Travelers = No. If anything happens to your cash, or you run out ~ you’re screwed.
- What to Expect as a Female Traveler = Expect to feel like a WOMAN. Read this.
- Would We Go Back = YES. YES. YES. Return trip already booked.
Map of Cuba!
Cars in Cuba!
Cuba Travel Overview!
- Safety = Very Safe 90% 90%
- Cost = Food & drink cheap, hotels pricey ~ but ALL cash necessary 50% 50%
- Music & Salsa Dancing = EVERYWHERE!!! 100% 100%
- How Safe I Felt as a Female Traveler = Very Safe 90% 90%
- Cuban Men = HOTTEST Men on the Planet 100% 100%
Learn About Cuba!