Where to Stay for Coachella & Stagecoach 2023
I lived right across from the Coachella grounds for many years, so I’m very familiar with all of the communities right around the Empire Polo Fields: which are some of the best places to stay if you’re visiting for festivals. In this article, we’ll take a look at “Where to Stay for Coachella & Stagecoach 2023” ~ from high-end home rentals in exclusive spots like the Madison Club (where the Kardashians own homes), to more affordable rentals….& nearby hotels with great party pools.
Dates for Coachella 2023:
Coachella Weekend #1: April 14-16th, 2023
Coachella Weekend #2: April 21-23rd, 2023
Stagecoach Weekend: April 28-30th, 2023
Map of Coachella Grounds
Indian Palms (More Affordable Homes)
Madison Club (VERY High-End)
La Quinta Resort (796 ROOMS!!)
Legacy Villas (Great for Big Groups)
Fantasy Springs Resort
Renaissance Esmeralda (Great Pools)
Overview of Home Rentals by Coachella
- The Madison Club: This VERY high-end golf community sits right across from the Polo Fields ~ but the only way you’re staying here is, A) You’ve got a TON of money, B) You know someone who’s got a TON of money + connections, or C) You’re a Kardashian. Home rentals here would be in the $50,000+ range for Coachella weekend, if not more. For more on where celebrities like to stay in Palm Springs, read this article.
- Rancho Santana: This is a mid-to high-end community that’s just east of the Madison Club, with NO golf course. It’s harder to score home rentals during Coachella here, as most owners aren’t fans of renting out their homes (I know because I used to live there)! But if you can swing one: you can walk across the street to the polo grounds.
- **Indian Palms Country Club: Now here’s where you’ll find a lot of Coachella rentals. The speed bumps inside this community are a nightmare, but you’ll also find some of the most affordable housing rentals for Coachella ~ & you’re right across from the polo grounds here, on the east side. Homes here are more modest, but many people rent their homes out during Coachella & Stagecoach, & rates are far cheaper than other high-end communities that surround the grounds.
- Mountain View Country Club: On the west side of the polo ground, you’ve got this high-end golf community. If you can afford it: this is a great place to stay. Homes have beautiful mountain views, & you’re actually closer to Coachella’s entrance. But rentals here will set you back at least $10,000+ for the weekend.
- **The La Quinta Cove: If you’re looking for more affordable rentals in La Quinta, check out the “La Quinta Cove.” This is a large area with thousands of homes that’s not gated; homes range from modest Santa Fe’s to larger compounds. Many people here list their homes on VRBO or Airbnb, & this puts you close to cute restaurants in Old Town La Quinta ~ & about 10-minutes from the Coachella grounds.
- **Other Golf Communities Nearby with Home Rentals: PGA West is a HUGE set of communities, with everything ranging from townhomes to high-end, multi-million dollar homes. Many people in PGA West rent out their homes year-round, so this is a great area to hone in for your Coachella search. It’s far enough that you’ll need to Uber, bike, or shuttle to the Coachella grounds. The Hideaway is an exclusive golf community with gorgeous homes; similar to the Madison Club. Home rentals here will be very expensive ~ but you’re also very close to Coachella.
Rentals in PGA West: Check out this PGA West rental that looks right out over the classic “Island Alcatraz” green on the Stadium Course, or this home with mountain & fairway views. Or take a look at this 3-bedroom home that can sleep between 6-8 people.
Search for Home Rentals on VRBO
Or, check out ALL kinds of home rentals on VRBO for Coachella & Stagecoach: for everything from modest home rentals to luxurious desert compounds with pools & mountain views….
Overview of Hotels by Coachella
As a general overview: hotels in Indio like the Hampton Inn & Fairfield Inn & Suites sell out quick, as they offer a limited amount of rooms. Fantasy Springs Resort is another option that puts you within a few miles of Coachella. Because it’s much larger (250 rooms), it takes longer to sell out. Indian Palms Country Club, which I mentioned above in the “Home Rental” section, also has a hotel ~ & this is one of the closest hotels to the Coachella grounds (but it sells out quickly).
The same principle goes for hotels in La Quinta (of which there aren’t many): smaller hotels like the Chateau at Lake La Quinta sell out quickly for Coachella, as there are only 24 rooms. The La Quinta Resort, on the other hand, has 796 rooms!!! While they may still sell out: it takes them longer to ~ & their high prices can also be an issue. But they’ve got 40+ pools here, & some turn into real parties during Coachella. There’s also a sister resort next-door called Legacy Villas, which offers hundreds of beautifully-furnished 2 & 3-bedroom condos, most overlooking one of the resort’s 12 pools.
There’s also an Embassy Suites across from Old Town La Quinta: but it’s got the least fun vibe of all the La Quinta hotels….(I used to live here too)! But there are over 300 well-appointed & comfortable rooms, many with kitchens: so you may get lucky finding last-minute Coachella or Stagecoach rooms here.
Overview of Hotels in Indian Wells
Indian Wells is still just a 15-minute drive to the Coachella grounds, pending traffic. And there are three big resorts here that offer beautiful pools & LOTS of rooms: Miramonte Resort & Spa (215 rooms), the Renaissance Esmeralda (560 rooms), & its neighbor: the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (530 rooms).
The latter two are where you’re more likely to find last-minute rooms, as they’ve simply got more inventory.
Best Hotels in Palm Springs for Coachella
Finally, we move to Palm Springs. It’s a good 45-minute drive from Palm Springs to the Coachella grounds (more with traffic), so if it was me: I’d only stay here if I was just going to the Festival for one day. Otherwise, I wouldn’t want to drive an hour or more each day! But that’s just me. Hotels in Palm Springs are a lot more *hip* than hotels right by Coachella, so there is a trade-off in that respect.
As for great party pools & fun atmospheres during Coachella: The Saguaro Hotel is candy-colored & great for photos, with 245 rooms. This is one of the most reasonable hotels in Palm Springs ~ but 4 people max per room. The Ace Hotel & Swim Club has a perennially-popular hotel pool & during the Festivals, this place gets happening. Think: hipster chic. ARRIVE Hotel is a newer spot, & this is where I’d stay for a Palm Springs weekend: it’s hip & modern, but with a fresh, fun feel. Great pool area & coffee on-site as well.
For celebrity sightings, you’ve got the Parker Palm Springs ~ which is pricey, but made for privacy-seeking celebs, as its hidden behind high hedges. Plus, the scene during Coachella is elevated chic. L’Horizon is another place where you might spot celebs, & Villa Royale feels like a celebrity hideaway.
But again: most of these places may be sold out by the time you try to book ~ so for a bigger hotel in Palm Springs, check out the 400-room Margaritaville Resort. It’s got great decor & a pretty pool area, & used to be called the Riviera.
The Largest Hotels in Palm Springs (That are Less Likely to Sell Out for Coachella): The Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel has 410 rooms, & is attached to the Convention Center ~ so vibes aren’t the best, but you may get lucky finding a last-minute room. The Hilton Palm Springs has 260 rooms & pretty grounds, Hotel Zoso’s got 163 rooms & more character than other hotels. The Kimpton Rowan has a great location downtown, facing the mountains ~ & a beautiful rooftop pool + 153 rooms. The Hyatt Palm Springs has 200 all-suite rooms, & is a good choice….but the Margaritaville is still my favorite in terms of size AND character.
Where to Stay for Coachella & Stagecoach 2023
The bottom line for any of the hotels mentioned above is to BOOK. AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE!!! Many hotels are already sold out, which is why I’ve honed in on the bigger hotels here, where you’ll have a better chance of scoring last-minute rooms.
But if you’re not having any luck finding hotels, or if you’ve got a big party & need a larger home: check out some of the gorgeous homes for rent on VRBO. There are still many available right around the polo fields, most with beautiful pools & backyards….perfect for photos & lounging between shows.
Read Next: Best Women’s Cowboy Boots for Stagecoach
Help!! There’s a group of 15 of us who are looking for accommodations for Stagecoach 2023. It doesn’t seem like any of these hotels offer rooms large enough for us?? What else can you recommend?
Hey Tiffany! Thanks for your question. So I think hotels are out of the question for you guys, & even Airbnb you may have trouble finding a house large enough. VRBO is your best bet (I link to it in the article). I’d either get 2 houses that sleep 8 people, or try to find one that sleeps over 10….but that can be hard to find! Look up “Luxurious Villa Living in Indio,” which sleeps 12 ppl. The “Epic Journey” house (with a shark in their pool!) sleeps 16 & is still available. The “Spanish Modern Retreat” sleeps 13 ppl, & on a budget: “Desert’s Luxury Escape” is a new home WITH a pool that costs $1,500/night during that weekend (i.e. VERY cheap)!! ALL of these rentals mentioned are still available right now, but will book up quickly. Good luck!! xoxo Noelia
Do you have any recommendations for private car services ? Looking to hire someone for the weekend of stagecoach but looking for a referral and someone reputable. Thank you!
Hey Kristin! I’m sorry to say that I don’t have any good referrals for you; I used to live right across the street from Coachella so we would literally walk or bike across the street. If anyone else reading this post has suggestions, please feel free to contribute! Good luck : ) xoxo