Where to Stay by Saturnia Hot Springs
Saturnia Hot Springs is an insanely beautiful thermal spring hidden in the Tuscan countryside; I first heard of it while I was in Florence. This place is wildly photogenic. And it’s a great spot to get off-the-beaten-path in Italy, though it’s getting busier & busier as more people discover its charm. As the whole surrounding area is so lovely, I recommend renting a car in Florence or Rome & staying a day or two here, if you’ve got time in your itinerary. There are some lovely hotels nearby, which we’ll discover as we figure out “Where to Stay by Saturnia Hot Springs!”
If you simply want to know how to get to Saturnia Hot Springs, read this article which gives you specific directions for reaching the area.
Map of Hotels by Hot Springs
Saturnia Hot Springs is located about two hours north of Rome. The best way to get there is by renting a car, as there is no train station near the springs. All hotels in this article can be found on the map below.
Saturnia Hot Springs
Terme di Saturnia
Saturnia Tuscany Hotel
Hotel Saturna Fontepura
Villa Acquaviva Wine Resort
List of Hotels by Saturnia Hot Springs
Hotels below are listed in order of their proximity to the hot springs; closest listed first. My favorites are starred.
- **Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort ($265+/night). The most expensive option ~ but also the closest to Saturnia Hot Springs. They’ve got their own hot springs too, along with an 18-hole golf course, spa, water park, pool, & two fine restaurants. Luxurious spot to relax & unwind.
- Hotel Saturna Fontepura ($150+/night). Rooms here are homier & cozier than Terme di Saturnia’s, not quite as lux ~ but views from their pool are AMAZING. This is a more intimate, family-run place, with great food & thermal springs of their own as well.
- Il Grottino (55 Euros+/Night). A unique & lovely property in the “Agriturismo” category, with four apartments set in a refurbished old farmhouse. Again, views of the countryside are phenomenal, & each apartment comes with its own kitchen: so if you prefer to prepare your own meals, book here.
- **Saturnia Tuscany Hotel ($120+/Night). Just five kilometers from Saturnia, this hotel offers airy, sophisticated rooms & a renowned spa at a very reasonable price. Upgraded rooms have balconies & their breakfast buffet is included with the room. Their well-equipped spa comes with a sauna, Turkish bath, Finnish sauna, two jacuzzis, & a stunning outdoor pool.
- **Villa Acquaviva Wine Resort ($100+/Night). A little further afield is Relais Villa Acquaviva, which puts you steps from their beautiful winery. This romantic spot is a great place for couples to come & relax, in a vineyard setting.
Photos of Hotels by Saturnia Hot Springs
This is our second visit from the USA to this charming property [Hotel Saturno] & we love it even more this time. Five days & nights in the mineral waters, soaking in the whirlpool were wonderful. Giancarlo & his wife are gracious hosts, very accommodating & friendly. Our spacious two-floor room had its own private balcony overlooking the valley. The food every evening was beautifully prepared Tuscan fare, all delicious. We will return again!!
– Mary Louise S.
Check rates at Il Grottino here.
“We came for a two-night stay & the Saturnia Tuscany Resort was simply perfect! Stunning building outside & in. We were upgraded to an Olivo Superior room, which was spacious & nice, with a big window overlooking the pool, garden, & valley. The pool is stunning & the views so beautiful. The staff were charming, well-informed, & very helpful. Breakfast was good, a great selection of food to choose from on a nice terrace by the garden.”
Best Hotels by Saturnia Hot Springs
“Yet another magical stay at Terme di Saturnia. From arrival to departure we were treated like royals. The rooms are super comfy, staff is amazing, & the setting is just magical. Early morning swim in the thermal pool is the best spa experience in the world.”
– Janis K.
We had an amazing stay over the past few days at Villa Acquaviva. The room was great & had a terrace with beautiful views. The grounds are immense & there are vineyards to walk in. We had dinner at their restaurant last night & it was a highlight of our entire trip. Great staff, they gave us directions for the hot springs & the best times to visit. You will be glad to stay here!
– Arlie S.
Best Hotels by Saturnia Hot Springs