Where Do Celebrities Stay in London?
“Notting Hill” is one of those classic London movies that makes you feel like you’re part of the city. And ironically, it gives you a glimpse into two of the town’s most famous celebrity hotels: The Ritz & The Savoy, both of which Julia Roberts’ character stays at, or where she engages with the press (“Horse & Hound” magazine, anyone?). But what about current-day stars, such as the Kardashians & Madonna, Colin Farrell & Lady Gaga? Here, we’ll answer the quesion: “Where Do Celebrities Stay in London?”
Map of London Celebrity Haunts
The Ritz London
The Lanesborough Hotel
The Langham Hotel
Overview of Famous London Hotels
- The Ritz London = Five-Star Hotel with a Famous “Afternoon Tea.” Opened in 1906, this is one of London’s original luxury hotels, & its long been popular with the Royal Family. It’s also where Julia Robert’s fictional character in “Notting Hill” stayed & was visited by BOTH Alec Baldwin & Hugh Grant. Old Hollywood celebs like Marlene Dietrich & Charlie Chaplin have stayed here, & Winston Churchill even met with President Dwight D. Eisenhower in a Ritz suite during World War II. Though beautiful, its rooms have a slightly old-fashioned feel, which may not attract younger celebs.
- The Savoy = Historic Hotel Located on the River Thames with VIEWS. Built in 1889, the Savoy is even older than the Ritz, & it was also featured in the final scenes of “Notting Hill,” at Julia Roberts’ press conference. Marilyn Monroe, Queen Elizabeth, Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Rihanna, & Taylor Swift have all made appearances at this famous hotel. Situated across from the city’s famous ferris wheel, the London Eye: you’ve got views of it & the river from many of rooms. They also have a famous “Afternoon Tea” here (which my friends & I visited)!
- The Rosewood London = Newly-Renovated Five-Star Hotel Set in Historic Mansion. Though the Rosewood sits in a historic mansion ~ it was only opened as a hotel in 2000. Justin Bieber & Oprah Winfrey have both stayed here, as have Kourtney Kardashian & Travis Barker in the fall of 2022. From the Rosewood, you can walk to the British Museum & several theaters, or simply stay put in its posh bar & duluxe spa…
- The Lanesborough Hotel = Regency-Style Hotel Set Between Hyde Park & Buckingham Palace. Many heavy-hitters have stayed here, including Madonna, Cher, Sylvester Stallone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Pamela Anderson, & funny-man Jim Carrey. It has a perfect five-star rating on Trip Advisor, which is almost unheard of! People love this place. If you can’t afford to stay here, simply visit their beautiful Lanesborough Grill for lunch or dinner.
- The Langham Hotel = Posh Marylebone Hotel with a Downton-esque Regal Exterior. Located on Regent Street in the fashionable West End, this hotel has an imposing exterior that looks a lot like Highclere Castle from Downton Abbey. Princess Diana, Lady Gaga, Angelina Jolie, & Colin Farrell have all stayed here ~ in one of the hotel’s 380 rooms. They famously have an indoor swimming pool (rare in London), spas, & saunas: so this is a great place to pamper yourself.
- Baglioni Hotel = Lux Italian-Style Hotel Located in Kensington on Hyde Park. Whereas the Savoy & Ritz have a more old-fashioned (though fabulous) feel, the Baglioni is a modern take on luxury: with sleek rooms furnished in Italianate-style. Halle Berry, Al Pacino, & Will Smith have all stayed here ~ & may have walked to a concert at nearby Royal Albert Hall, which was featured prominently in one of Alfred Hitchcock’s most famous movies: “The Man Who Knew Too Much.”
Treated like a queen at the Savoy London…amazing stunning luxury rooms…food & staff all amazing…beautiful & very romantic. Will be returning again as life is about making memories, & this was in my top 3 best memories.”
– Caroline M.
Check rates at the Savoy here.
Photos of The Rosewood & The Lanesborough
“From the moment of entering the gates we were treated to absolute luxury & first class service from impeccable staff who were so friendly & anticipate your every need. Rooms are immaculately clean with fine touches of luxury. Cocktails in Scarfes are legendary with again great service.
The Rosewood London is simply somewhere every one should try in their lifetime!”
– A Visitor from Doncaster, UK
Check rates at Oprah’s top choice: Rosewood London.
“The hotel was massive, with sublime privacy & security. Staff was impeccable & knowledgeable on nearly every subject. Iconic hotel with a refined conservative clientele. I visited other five-star hotels during my holiday, and The Lanesborough was the most elegant & quintessential British luxury”
Check rates at The Lanesborough here.
Photos of The Langham & Baglioni Hotels
One of the finest hotels in the world. If you long for personal service, amazingly friendly staff, beautifully crafted cocktails & dinners, efficient concierge and business services: this is the place..– Tom L.
Gorgeous. Five stars. Such a lovely stay at a truly gorgeous hotel. Service, rooms, food & drinks were all top-quality. Couldn’t have been better. We were thoroughly impressed & cannot wait to visit again! Staff are fab!– Lucy T..
Where Do Celebrities Stay in London?
That’s a wrap on London hotels that are loved by celebrities! For more on England, read about some of the most beautiful Cotswold gardens below or what it’s like to travel in England as a woman….
Read Next: The Best Cotswold Gardens to Visit