Iceland is one of the most unique countries I’ve ever been: it definitely can’t be mistaken for anywhere else (except maybe Greenland). It’s a W-I-N-D-Y rock out in the middle of the ocean, & a trip there can be quite expensive, as most goods need to be imported. But the extra expense brings you into a world of wintry & windy wonder! Top highlights include: the world-famous hot, thermal waters of the Blue Lagoon; all of Iceland’s gorgeous, wintry waterfalls, including popular Gulfoss in the south, & ethereal Godafoss in the north.
Iceland is also known for its epic road trips. In order to get to the major sights, you’ll need to rent a car ~ or camper van! With it, head to the country’s most famous circuit: the Golden Circle, where you’ll find Geysir & Gulfoss, among plenty of fascinating spots. Then head to the otherworldly black-sand beaches of Vik, & past them, to Iceland’s #1 tourist attraction: stunning Jokulsarlon Glacier. From there, continue on the Ring Road, which circles the entire country ~ or, head back to the country’s capital & nightlife epicenter, Reykjavik.
Iceland Travel Overview!
- Safety = #1 Safest Country in the World!! 99% 99%
- Cost = Very Expensive!! 90% 90%
- Outdoor Adventures = Abundant, but challenging weather 85% 85%
- How Safe I Felt as a Solo Traveler = Very Safe 99% 99%
- How Windy is Iceland? = 100% WINDY!! 100% 100%
Iceland Travel Video ~ 14K+ Views!
Listen to an Icelandic Playlist…
Learn More About Iceland!
All Articles I’ve Written About Iceland…
These are all the articles that I’ve written about Iceland travel to date ~ if one piques your interest, simply click on it & it will lead you straight to the article!
1) Iceland Travel FAQ: Plan Your Trip!
2) How to Pack for Iceland: Packing List for Women!
3) Interesting Facts About Iceland for the Visitor
4) A Day at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland
5) How to Fix Blue Lagoon Hair!
6) Top 5 Best Waterfalls in Iceland
7) Best Budget Accommodations in Iceland
8) How to Take Great Photos of the Northern Lights