Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bend, Oregon
Bend is my new home town, & one of the reasons I chose it is because of just how pet-friendly it is. From the countless dog-friendly hiking trails, to the many gorgeous lakes along the Cascades Lakes Highway, to the fact that you can bring your dog to just about any restaurant in town ~ including the many popular outdoor food trucks: Bend is a dog-lover’s town. And luckily, that love of animals extends to several of Bend’s top hotels. In this article, I’ve curated my picks for the best pet-friendly hotels in Bend. breaking them into both the budget & luxury categories.
Map of Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bend, Oregon
Bend is a relaxed town, with a casual dress code & welcoming attitude towards pets. I think it’s one of the best places in the West to enjoy a super outdoorsy, dog-friendly vacation. All hotels listed in this article can be found on the map below.
McMenamins Old St. Francis School (Quirky & Lots of Bars/Restaurants On Site)
Tetherow (High-end Golf Resort with Killer Views)
Riverhouse on the Deschutes (Only Hotel Right on the Deschutes River)
The Oxford (Classy & Right Downtown)
LOGE Bend (Close to Bike Trails)
Best Western Premier (Pizza Place at Hotel)
Residence Inn Marriott (By Old Mill)
Sunriver Resort (The Most Family-Friendly Place in Oregon!)
Luxury Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bend, Oregon
Luxury Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bend ($200+ per Night):
- **Tetherow Golf Resort ($235+) – High-end golf resort that sits high up on a ridge with incredible mountain views; they also have in-room dining & three great restaurants, plus a Scottish-links style 18-hole golf course (that has golf boards for rent)! If I was coming to Bend with my pup & could afford it, this is where I’d stay.
Pet Fee at Tetherow = $50 for entire stay.
- The Oxford Hotel, in Downtown Bend ($249+) – If you want to stay right in downtown Bend by all the shops & bars in a high-end, boutique hotel: stay at The Oxford. Dogs are not only welcome here ~ they’ll also receive a pet bed for their stay, water bowls, organic dog treats, & a map of all local walking trails & off-leash dog parks. Plus, dog-walking services are available!
Pet Fee at The Oxford = $59 for entire stay.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Bend ($249+) – The Residence Inn is located right above Bend’s fantastic outdoor mall, The Old Mill, which also sits right on the Deschutes River. If this sounds like the ideal location for you: try booking a room here ~ just know they have one of the steepest pet fees in Bend.
Pet Fee at Residence Inn = $55 per night.
- Riverhouse on the Deschutes ($219+) – The only hotel on this list that sits right on the Deschutes, Riverhouse is a sophisticated option ~ every room has a patio or balcony, & their restaurant Currents is not only beautiful, but it serves up fresh, local fare. Your dog will be welcomed with a treat, & can be left in the room if kenneled.
Pet Fee at Riverhouse = $25 per day.
Budget Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bend
- **McMenamins Old St. Francis School (in Downtown Bend) – This is one of my favorite hotels ANYWHERE!!! This rambling property (which used to be a Catholic school) has a boutique hotel, several quirky bars & restaurants (plus a Cigar Bar in the far back of the property), a movie theater, & soaking tub. It’s AMAZING!! GO!!
Pet Fee at Tetherow = $20 pet fee.
- Best Western Premier Peppertree ($179+) – Compared to McMenamins, the Best Western seems a little….boring, for lack of a better word. It definitely has less “Oregon Quirk,” but rooms are spacious & there’s a good pizza place in-house. Located on a busy round-about, it’s not my favorite location ~ but you’re also just up the hill from the Deschutes River & the fantastic Deschutes River Trail: one of Bend’s great dog walks.
Pet Fee at Best Western = $10 per day.
- LOGE Bend ($109+) – If you’re an avid mountain biker or hiker, & don’t need the most plush accommodations, but do enjoy meeting other travelers: LOGE is for you. Located near Tetherow off the Cascade Lakes Highway, LOGE is set right on the Haul Road Trail ~ a biking & hiking path….so you can leave your car behind & get right out on the trail! It’s also next to one of my favorite off-leash dog parks (more like 100+ acres!!) in town: Good Dog/Rimrock Trail.
Pet Fee at LOGE Bend = $25 per pet, per night.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bend, Oregon
I hope this article has helped you hone in on which pet-friendly hotel in Bend is the best for you & your pet(s). Also, if you don’t mind staying just outside of Bend, there are two AMAZING, super family-friendly options about 20 minutes away: Sunriver Resort (south of Bend), & Pronghorn Resort (north-east of Bend). Pronghorn is newer & a little more upscale, while Sunriver has miles & miles of bike trails, a resort plus all kinds of vacation rentals: homes, cabins, condos, etc.
Pronghorn would be my choice for couples, particularly if you love to golf ~ while Sunriver is one of the best resorts in the U.S. for family vacations.
xoxo Noelle & Charlie
Read Next: Best Off-Leash Dog Parks in Bend, Oregon