Best Hotels for Families in Palm Springs
I can’t even count how many times my family visited Palm Springs when we were kids. We’d make the two-hour drive from Orange County, often going the “back way” ~ & making a pit-stop at Aguanga, for their amazing vanilla cones. Then, we’d spend ALL our time in the pool…coming back water-logged, happy, & entirely smelling of chlorine! There are amazing family hotels all over the desert, but it may surprise you that the best budget options are in Palm Springs proper. Hotels with more amenities for kids though, tend to be elsewhere. Here are the “Best Hotels for Families in Palm Springs!”
Overview of Great Family Hotels in Palm Springs
Best Family Hotels in Rancho Mirage & Palm Desert
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa ($186+/night) = MASSIVE Hotel with Multiple Pools + Kid’s Club: This was another hotel we went to a LOT as kids: we even ice-blocked on their golf course at night! Kids under 15 golf for free here, & there are two 18-hole courses…or take your pick of 3 pools ~ one just for kids. There’s also badminton, basketball, bocce ball, Frisbee, horseshoes, soccer, or volleyball available (& included in your Resort Fee)…so LOTS to do here!! Kids Will Love: The wide variety of activities offered + 12,000-ft arcade & game room.
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa ($234+/night) = Water Park with Slides + a Lazy River = KID HEAVEN: We used to come here a lot as kids ~ & it was one of our favorite spots. In terms of pools: it doesn’t get much better than this. You’ve got a 100-foot waterslide, cliffside hot tub (that adults can sneak away to), a Lazy River, sandy beach, & calmer, more adult pools. If you’re looking to spend most of your time by the pool: this is a great choice. Kids Will Love: Riding the water slides & meandering around the Lazy River….
Best Family Hotels in Indian Wells
- Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa ($203+/night) = HUGE Outdoor Pool with Sandy Beach + Close to El Paseo & Living Desert: This is one of the prettiest pools in the desert: & its sandy beach is a great spot for toddlers to wade into the water without fear. There are no pool slides here (go to their neighbor the Hyatt for that), but there is a very popular Kid’s Club called “Camp Oasis” that’s a hit with all ages, & their big-screen “Dive-In” movies are another major hit. Kids Will Love: Free bike rentals + amazing outdoor pool & beach + DIY-Juice Bar at Cava Restaurant.
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa ($235+/night) = Water Slide Heaven with SEVEN Pools!! Staying here is almost like staying right at a Water Park: dueling water slides & a variety of pools that cater to kids make this a phenomenal family-vacation spot. There’s also “Camp Hyatt” Kid’s Club, a game room, plenty of outdoor activities offered ~ such as basketball, Foosball, & croquet….+ bike rentals. Kids Will Love: The massive water slides + endless amount of pools to explore.
Best Family Hotels in Palm Springs
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel ($135+/night) = Affordable Hotel within Walking Distance of Downtown Palm Springs: This isn’t the most luxurious hotel in town ~ but it’s location is AMAZING…just over a mile from the Palm Springs Airport, & 2 blocks from downtown. Kids Will Love: Their cozy outdoor fire pits + night swimming (pool is open until 10PM here).
- Caliente Tropics Hotel ($74+/night) = Mid-Century Tiki Chic on a Budget: This is another affordable choice ~ leaving you more money for Aerial Tram rides & entrance fees to popular water park Wet n’ Wild. Caliente has more of a *vibe* than the Renaissance, with a cute tiki bar on-site, & a hipster-feel. My friends stayed here with their two kids, & the girls loved cartwheeling in their huge grassy area that flanks the pool. Kids Will Love: The tiki-theme + warm outdoor pool.
Best Family Hotels in Palm Desert & Rancho Mirage
1. JW Marriott Desert Springs ($186+/night), in Palm Desert
This is the hotel we ALWAYS looked forward to visiting when we were kids! From the flamingos to the huge pool, to taking their “gondolas” around the lake & over to delicious Mikado’s restaurant: there’s SO much for kids to “oooohhh” & “AHHH” over here! And the JW’s two championship 18-hole golf courses (kids under 15 play for free) & world-class spa will keep adults happy. Kid’s activities including soccer, volleyball, Frisbee, & basketball ~ plus a Kid’s Club, so you definitely get your money’s worth from the Resort Fee here.
Check prices at the JW Marriott Desert Springs here.
2. Omni Rancho Las Palmas ($234+/night), in Rancho Mirage
My childhood memories include a lot of nostalgia for this hotel, which is now called the Omni Rancho Las Palmas. It’s quite possibly the best pool for kids in the desert, with its meandering “lazy river” AND 100-foot water slides! What more could a kid ask for??! There’s also a sandy beach here, a cliff-side hot tub, & an adult’s-only pool called the Azure Pool.
But my guess is: even adults will enjoy the lazy river here….not just the kids : )
Best Hotels for Families in Indian Wells
1. Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa ($203+/night)
Indian Wells offers two of the best family hotels in the desert: one of which is the massive Renaissance Esmeralda Resort. Their outdoor pool features a sandy beach, making it a great spot for younger kids in particular, as they can safely wade in & out of the pool without a scary drop-off. For adults seeking more quiet, their spa also features a calm indoor pool, where you can escape the crowds. Kids will love their “Camp Oasis” where they can play games & meet new friends, & their big-screen outdoor “Dive-In” movies are a major HIT.
Check prices at the Renaissance Esmeralda here.
2. Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa ($209+/night)
There are SEVEN pools at the Hyatt Regency in Indian Wells. Yes, seven. And these aren’t just any old pools: your kids can hop on dueling water slides & race each other to the bottom…or while away the day in their Lazy River. This is more “Water Park” than regular pool area (although they do offer quieter *adult* pools too). There’s also a spa, golf course, three restaurants, lounge, & pool bar here to wet your appetite. All rooms have balconies ~ upgraded ones offer mountain views & separate living areas.
For a true upgrade, ask about their villas: which feature butler service, courtyards & gardens, hot tubs, & fire pits.