Best Brunch Spots in South Lake Tahoe
Tahoe is a hot spot in the winter AND summertime: right now, we’re heading into primetime ski season in Tahoe (& a huge winter storm just temporarily shut down I-80, signaling the start of an epic season). Whether you’re downhill or cross-country skiing in the winter, or paddle-boarding in the summer: you’ll need a good breakfast to get you prepared for some epic Tahoe adventures. And just within South Tahoe alone are a ton of great breakfast options, from fast-casual to beautiful lakefront dining. Here are the some of the “Best Brunch Spots in South Lake Tahoe!“
Map of South Tahoe Brunch Spots
Below you’ll find all the greatest breakfast joints in South Tahoe mapped out. And if you’re flying into Reno International Airport, click here to search for the best rental car rates.
Alpina Coffee Cafe
Artemis Lakefront Cafe
Dragonfly Bagel Co.
Ernie's Coffee Shop
Emerald Bay Bar & Grill
Jimmy's Restaurant at The Landing
Overview of South Tahoe Brunch Spots
Click on the name of the restaurant below & you’ll be taken to their breakfast menu.
- Alpina Coffee Cafe = Quick Service for Early Birds in a Comfy Atmosphere. This favorite local’s spot has been around for 25 years, & is known for their coffee, homemade treats, smoothies, & sandwiches. Not your typical brunch place ~ but good if you’re in a hurry. Hours: 6AM-6PM DAILY.
- Artemis Lakefront Cafe = Greek Cafe with American Breakfasts…ON the Lake! Known for their Greek & Mediterranean food, you can still get a simple American breakfast here, as well as French toast, pancakes, or a Greek breakfast gyro. Hours: 8AM-10PM DAILY.
- Bert’s Cafe = HUGE Breakfast Menu with Homemade Sauces in Old-School Atmosphere. Serving breakfast & lunch ALL DAY, this brunch menu will satisfy EVERYONE: from a bunch of Egg Benedict’s, tons of omelettes & frittatas, to gravy, to Mexican breakfasts & plenty of sweet treats ~ this is one of the best breakfast menus in Tahoe. Hours: 7AM-2PM DAILY.
- Dragonfly Bagel Company = Bagels & Pastries Baked Fresh DAILY! Order ahead online & grab some of Tahoe’s freshest pastries: including Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches, their famous Kerfuffle, or the loaded “Hangover Helper.” WEEKDAYS: 7AM-1PM; WEEKENDS: 7AM-2PM; CLOSED TUESDAYS.
- Emerald Bay Bar & Grill = Outdoor Patios + TV’s + BIG Breakfast Portions! Longtime local’s breakfast favorite, serving Crab Benedict, Country Fried Steak, or the Emerald Bay Burrito. Outdoor patio & lots of flatscreen TV’s to watch the game on. Breakfast Hours: 10AM-2PM DAILY.
- Ernie’s Coffee Shop = LOTS of Breakfast Options in an Old-Fashioned Diner Setting. They’ve got classic breakfast & lunch options here ~ but they also have gluten-free & vegan choices too. Try their fresh-squeezed orange juice mimosas & locally roasted organic coffee. Hours: 7AM-2PM DAILY; CLOSED MONDAYS.
- Jimmy’s Restaurant at The Landing Hotel = Lakefront Brunch in a Cozy, California-Chic Setting. The Landing is one of South Tahoe’s newest gems in the hotel department, & their restaurant Jimmy’s is a beautiful lakefront dining option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A little pricey. Wednesday-Sunday: 7AM-9PM
- Kalani’s = Hawaiian-Style Weekend Brunch at Heavenly Ski Resort. Bottomless mimosas anyone? Or how about a guava mimosa or Mai Tai? This is one of the more upscale brunch options available in South Tahoe ~ but they only do brunch on Saturday & Sunday. WEEKEND BRUNCH ONLY: 11AM-2:30PM.
- Keys Cafe = Cute & Quaint Local Cafe with Simple Breakfast Options. Come here for good smoothies, all different kinds of Chai drinks, simple breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, or bagel sandwiches. Hours: 7AM-2PM DAILY; CLOSED MONDAYS.
Photos of South Lake Tahoe Brunch Spots
Best Brunch Spots in Lake Tahoe
That’s it for great breakfast joints in South Tahoe! Read about some of my favorite ski-in/ski-out hotels in Tahoe, or some of my favorite dog-friendly (& kid-friendly!) hikes in the area here. As for some of the most scenic spots on the drive around Lake Tahoe, check out this article.
Read Next: Best Lakefront Hotels in Lake Tahoe