Best Brunch Spots in Boulder, Colorado!
My best friends from college & I are planning a return trip this fall to our trusty alma mater: the towering institution that is CU Boulder. Most of us stayed there long past graduation, as we loved the town so much, & while we’re planning our trip….one thing is at the top of our minds: “Where are we going to EAT??!” Boulder has soooo many great restaurants, & we spent soooo much time in all of them (hello The Sink!): we can’t wait to eat our way through town. Boulder brunches in particular are quite legendary, as are Boulder hangovers, so here we’ll tour some of the “Best Brunch Spots in Boulder, Colorado!”
Map of Boulder Brunch Spots
The Buff (A Boulder Institution)
Lucile's Creole Cafe
Jill's at the St. Julien
Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
Dot's Diner on the Hill
The Egg & I
Snooze, an A.M. Eatery
Village Coffee Shop
River & Woods
Overview of “Nice” Boulder Brunch Spots
I think you can pretty much divide Boulder brunch spots up into two categories: 1) “Nicer” establishments where you need to dress up a little bit, & 2) “Divier” spots where you can literally roll out of bed & go handle your hangover.
Click on the name of any restaurant below & you’ll be guided to their breakfast menu.
- Lucile’s Creole Cafe = BEIGNETS on Pearl Street!! A block away from the Hotel Boulderado & the bustle of Pearl Street is one of Boulder’s longest-running breakfast institutions: the Southern-creole inspired Lucile’s. Come early ~ there’s always a wait. Hours: 7AM-2PM, Mon-Friday, 8AM-2PM Sat & Sunday.
- Jill’s at the St. Julien = Sunday Brunch Extravaganza with Bottomless Mimosa’s! Jill’s is the most high-end option in town, located inside the posh St. Julien Hotel, right on Pearl Street. They serve breakfast daily, but their $42 Weekend Brunch is the stand-out, with two seatings at 10AM & 12PM. Hours: 7AM-11AM Daily, Weekend Brunch = Two Seatings 10AM/12PM.
- Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse = The Most Unique Breakfast in Town ~ in the Most Unique Building. Serving brunch on weekends only, every item here has an international flair to it: from Mexican Chilaquiles to a Green-Tea infused Benedict. Breakfast for adventurers! Hours: Saturday & Sundays ONLY: 9AM-3PM.
- Greenbriar Inn = Brunch in the Garden….in North Boulder. Brunch is only offered on Sundays here, & you’ll need to drive a bit north of Boulder: but once you’re at the Greenbriar, sit back on their garden patio with a bellini & enjoy a classic American breakfast in a lovely setting. Hours: 10AM-1PM.
- Snooze, an A.M. Eatery = Hip Breakfast on Pearl Street with Outdoor Patio. Grab their Signature Pancake Flight or hearty Breakfast Burrito & people-watch to your heart’s content on always-busyPearl Street. Hours: 7AM-3PM Mon-Friday, 7AM-4PM Sat & Sunday.
- River & Woods = Weekend Brunch in a Cozy Setting. Have breakfast with a side of log-cabin vibes in Central Boulder. Hours: Saturday & Sunday ONLY, 10AM-1:30PM.
Photos of “Nice” Boulder Brunch Spots
Overview of “Divier” Boulder Brunch Spots
- The Buff = THE Classic Boulder Breakfast Institution. This is one of the BEST breakfast menus in Boulder: not only do they have all the basics covered, but they’ve got plenty of sweet selections, a bevy of Benedicts, & a taste of more exotic fare. See where University students AND professors have been coming for years. Hours: 7AM-2PM DAILY.
- Le Peep = The Old-Standby, Feel-Good Diner. Le Peep’s has been around for over 20 years, & it’s as unpretentious as you can get: with straight-forward, tasty breakfast fare. Hours: 7AM-2PM Mon-Friday, 7AM-2:30PM Sat & Sunday.
- Foolish Craig’s = Popular with the College Crowd. Foolish Craig’s was around back in my time, & their HUGE breakfast menu is the main reason we returned weekend after weekend for group brunches ~ there’s something for everyone here. Hours: 8AM-2PM DAILY.
- Walnut Cafe = Unpretentious with Long-Standing Delicious Breakfasts. They’ve got two locations now ~ one on Walnut Street, the other on South Broadway, & you can count on getting a great breakfast here. Plus: they’ve got gluten-free options too. Hours: Mon-Friday, 8AM-2PM, Sat & Sunday 7:30AM-3PM.
- Village Coffee Shop = Local’s Favorite on Folsom. Known as one of the best “hole-in-the-wall” diners in the U.S., this is a no-nonsense place for breakfast in Boulder. Hours: 7AM-2PM DAILY.
- Dot’s Diner on the Hill = One of the ONLY Brunch Spots on the Hill! Simple & straight-forward: that’s what you’ll get from Dot’s. There’s also another location off of Valmont, in Central Boulder. Hours: 7AM-3:30PM DAILY.
Photos of “Divier” Boulder Brunch Spots
Best Brunch Spots in Boulder, Colorado
That rounds up my list of the best brunch spots in Boulder. If you’re looking for more Colorado trip inspiration, check out my guide to Great Sand Dune National Park, located south of Colorado Springs. And with ski season around the corner, look for some great ski-in/ski-out hotels in two of my favorite Colorado resorts: Beaver Creek & Breckenridge.
Read Next: Best Ski Hotels in Vail, Colorado
What a helpful article! We were in Boulder for Homecoming this weekend and were looking for great brunch spots on both Saturday and Sunday – this really helped us find great spots right near our hotel (the Boulderado). Thanks, Diane
Hi Diane, thanks for leaving a comment! Glad the article helped you, & oddly enough: my friends & I were there this weekend too! We went to Lucile’s & Foolish Craig’s for brunch…loved both, but Lucile’s is just a special place (SUCH GREAT FOOD!!), & the wait was only 20 minutes! Better than we expected : ) xoxo Noelia