Best Brunch Spots in Bend, Oregon
Every time I write an article about brunch, it seems to shoot up to the top of Google! People apparently love to brunch as much as I do. So far, I’ve written about where to brunch in Palm Springs, Portland, & San Diego ~ but here, I’m tackling my adopted hometown of Bend, Oregon. Usually, I’m writing about all the cool outdoorsy stuff to do here….but everybody’s got to eat, right?! Many Bend restaurants have had trouble staying open during this past year & a half, & indeed many have shut down permanently; now, many are struggling with staffing issues. So here, I’d like to shine a spotlight on the “Best Brunch Spots in Bend,” places that consistently do it right.
Please Note: Many former Bend brunch spots have permanently closed down; these include Bad Wolf Bakery, Jackson’s Corner Eastside, 10 Below at the Oxford Hotel (which is only offering in-room dining right now), Wild Oregon Foods, Sargent’s Cafe, Foxtail Bakeshop, & my personal favorite, Birdie’s…which I’m still upset about! All restaurants listed in this article are currently open.
For a list of my favorite places in Bend to kayak & paddle-board, read this article! You simply can’t come to Bend without getting out on the water…
Overview of Best Brunch Spots in Bend, Oregon
Click on the name of the restaurant below & it will take you to their website & menu.
- The Lemon Tree = The Fanciest & Most Unique Breakfast in Town! The Lemon Tree is a cute little French cafe located right in the heart of downtown Bend, with a small outdoor patio. Their food is some of the freshest & tastiest in town, & as brunch is their specialty ~ I wouldn’t miss this place! Hours: Weds – Thursday 9AM-2PM, Friday-Sunday 9AM-2:30PM.
- McKay Cottage = The Most Popular Breakfast in Town ~ with LOTS of Outdoor Seating! There’s almost ALWAYS a wait at McKay’s, unless you get there really early or super late ~ it’s popular with both locals & out-of-towners. They’ve expanded their outdoor seating & you can grab a coffee (or mimosa!) while you wait for a table. Hours: 7AM-2PM Daily.
- Currents at the Riverhouse = Upscale Brunch on the Deschutes River. Early birds may want to head to Currents at the Riverhouse Hotel, where you can grab a nice breakfast sitting right along the Deschutes; they have a nice, large outdoor area. Breakfast Hours: 7AM-11AM Daily.
- Chow = Local’s Favorite with Great Food & a BIG, Casual Outdoor Patio. If you’re SUPER hungry or hungover: this is the place to come! Portions are large & they excel at comfort food here…plus they’ve got a famous Bloody Mary Mix. Located on the west-side right on popular (& restaurant-lined) Newport Avenue. Hours: 7AM-2PM Daily.
- The Victorian Cafe = Old Classic & Longtime Breakfast Staple. The “Vic,” as locals call it, has been around awhile ~ & they’ve also got the largest selection of Eggs Benedicts in town (NINE?!!), so if you’ve got a hankering for Benny’s in a character-filled Victorian home, this is your spot. They’ve got outdoor seating, an outdoor bar, & lots of heaters ~ so even if you have to wait, you can people-watch with your Bloody in style. Hours: 7AM-2PM Daily.
- Jackson’s Corner (West) = Best Order-at-the-Counter Breakfast in Bend. Another local’s hot-spot, close to downtown, Jackson’s West is located in a cute yellow building, has plenty of outdoor seating, & a reliably good breakfast. Their east-side location was one of my favorite spots, but they unfortunately just closed their doors. Hours: Open-4PM.
- Active Culture = The Healthiest Vegetarian-Friendly Breakfast in Town. This place is G-O-O-D!!! OMG. And it’s a little off-the-beaten-tourist path, tucked away in a neighborhood by Drake Park. They’ve got loads of healthy bowls, Huevos Rancheros, breakfast burritos & tacos, bagels, & a LOT more. Give it a try & feel like a local here! (Plus they have ALCOHOL here ~ ha! Grab a “healthy” mojito, margarita, or mimosa!) Hours: 9AM-9PM Daily.
- Looney Bean Coffee = Quick Coffee + Breakfast Sandwich on the River. Looney Bean is one of my favorite coffee shops in town ~ not only for its good brew (& AMAZING Dirty Hippie!), but its location (see photo below) & pet-friendly backyard are second to NONE!! Great spot to meet a friend or come by yourself for a solo cup. Hours: 7AM-5PM Daily.
Photos of Bend Brunch Spots…
Where to Stay in Bend
If you’re looking for hotel recommendations in Bend, check out Riverhouse on the Deschutes, Tetherow Lodge, & the Oxford Hotel. The Oxford is high-end & right downtown, while Tetherow sits high atop a bluff overlooking their golf course, with phenomenal mountain views. Riverhouse has comfortable rooms, Currents Restaurant (which is mentioned above), & is set right on the Deschutes. For vintage Oregon fun: you MUST visit McMenamins Old St. Francis School ~ which is a boutique hotel, bar/restaurant, & movie theater all rolled into one quirky package…
Best Brunch Spots in Bend, Oregon
For great brunch spots in Redmond (which is just north of Bend), try Mo’s Egg House, or my favorite: the cute little house that is the One Street Down Cafe, on 7th Street.
And for things to do in Bend, check out my guide for an epic 3-day weekend here, or read all about the best bike trails in Sunriver; get my picks for the top pet-friendly hotels here ~ & also my favorite off-leash dog parks!
Read Next: Top 5 Prettiest Lakes by Bend, Oregon