Best Apres-Ski Spots in Squaw Valley
Lake Tahoe is currently getting major snow: setting up for a great winter & spring ski season. One of the top articles on my site right now discusses great ski-in/ski out hotels all around the lake. So, I thought I’d round out the discussion by finding the “Best Apres-Ski Spots in Squaw Valley/Palisades Tahoe,” one of Tahoe’s most popular ski resorts. From Mexican to Irish, party-loving atmospheres to more cozy & intimate ones, we’ll find all the great places to tip back a beer post-slopes….
**Something to Note: The Squaw Valley ski resort’s name has officially been changed to “Palisades Tahoe.” This gets a little confusing, as many resorts & landmarks still have “Squaw” in their name. As I just learned of this change, I’m still keeping Squaw in the article title, as the region has been known that way for decades. But both terms will be used throughout this article.
Map of Apres-Ski Spots in Squaw
Le Chamois & Loft Bar (Party)
Rocker @ Squaw
Uncorked Wine Bar (Classier)
The Slot Bar (Dive)
Best Apres-Ski Spots in Squaw Creek
We’ll start out with restaurants located closer to the mountain, then move further out into the village. If restaurants have a menu, it’s linked below ~ simply click on the name of the restaurant.
- Le Chamois & Loft Bar = Close to the Slopes & Great for a LIVELY Time: Le Chamois sits right at the base of Palisades Tahoe Aerial Tram, perfect for people-watching. Food includes wings, pizza, soup, salad, & sandwiches: pretty typical American fare. Great views of the slopes & a great spot to meet up! Winter Hours: 11AM-7PM (or later).
- Plumpjack Cafe = Classy Spot at Base of Tram in Plumpjack Inn: Also located at the base of the Aerial Tram, by Le Chamois, is woodsy Plumpjack Cafe. Food & drink here is a lot more upscale than Le Chamois: feast on a Beet Salmon Salad, Artisan Cheese Plates, Pork Chops, or Filet Mignon. Prices are much higher here & hours more limited. Winter Hours: 3PM-9PM.
- The Slot Bar = TINY Dive Bar Located in Heart of the Village: If you don’t want to dress up & prefer a laid-back, local’s atmosphere ~ head to the Slot Bar. The focus here is more on drinks than food. Prices are cheap & bartenders well-known; also good spot for a nightcap. Hours: Friday-Sunday, 12PM-12AM; Weds, Thurs, & Mon, 3PM-12AM.
- Rocker @ Squaw = Modern Rustic with Regional Eats in the Village: Good indoor & outdoor seating in a modern atmosphere. Grab nachos, one of their Mountain High Burgers, Grilled Artichoke, or a Thai Cabbage Salad here. Great menu, prices moderate to high. Hours: 11AM-9PM.
- Fireside Pizza = Some of the Best Pizza & Pasta in the Village: The pizza here looks delicious ~ try their Pear & Gorgonzola pizza or BBQ Chicken & Bacon. They’ve also got several salads & pasta options, plus a few Italian-style apps. Mainly beer & wine, but a few specialty cocktails. Hours: 11AM-8:30PM.
- Auld Dubliner = Irish Pub with FULL BAR & Great Indoor/Outdoor Seating: A little further walk into the village takes you to this Irish pub, which serves over 100 fine & rare whiskies. Food includes pretzels, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Fish & Ahi Tacos, Potato Soup, & their famous Beef Stew. Winter Hours: 11AM-9PM.
- Tremigo Mexican Restaurant = Hip Mexican Spot with FULL TEQUILA BAR in the Village: Located next to Auld Dubliner, all tequila lovers ought to head here. Try their Shrimp Ceviche, Street Tacos, Taco Salad, or all kinds of main Mexican entrees, like Chile Rellenos or Enchiladas. Winter Hours: 11AM-8/9PM.
- Uncorked Wine Bar = Classy COZY Spot with Friendly Staff & Large Wine Selection: Located by both Auld Dubliner & Tremigo, Uncorked is a cute & cozy little wine bar ~ great if you’re looking for more quiet & intimacy. Food menu is more limited here: Marcona Almonds & a Cheese & Salami Plate are some of the few options. If you’re really hungry, head elsewhere. Winter Hours: 12PM-8/10PM.