Nicaragua Travel Overview!
- Safety = Safer than the U.S. 85%
- Cost = Food, drink & accommodations all cheap! Great value. 30%
- Adventures = Abundant!!! Surf, hike, go volcano-boarding… 95%
- How Safe I Felt as a Female Traveler = Very Safe 90%
- Nicaraguan People = Hard-working & Friendly 90%
Welcome to Nicaragua!
Nicaragua will become the next Costa Rica. With beautiful beaches, killer surf breaks, cheap prices, colorful colonial towns such as Granada & Leon, and relaxed, friendly people ~ Nicaragua ticks all the boxes for the adventurous, fun-loving traveler. In a month spent in Nicaragua, I experienced friendly, hard-working people who fully embody the “Work Hard, Play Hard” spirit. They’ll invite you to a local beach-side bar and buy you shots of “Flor de Cana” ~ Nicaragua’s national rum, while reggaeton provides the beat. Nicaraguans are quick to laugh, and eager to share the best of their country with you. But the next morning ~ they’re up early, seemingly with no hangover, guiding a tour, picking coffee, or working their land. Such is life in Nicaragua.
You may not know much about Nicaragua yet ~ but in the coming years, Nicaragua travel will become more of a “thing.” Remember way back before Costa Rica became super popular? Well, that’s what Nicaragua is like now. So, why wait? Head down to Nicaragua while the prices are cheap & the tourists are scarce ~ particularly if you love adventure and the outdoors. Nicaragua is waiting for you….
Nicaragua Travel Quick Facts!
- Nicaragua in One Word = Volcanoes.
- Nicaragua in One More Word = Colonial.
- Wi-Fi = Pretty good, but check if your hotel has multiple routers.
- Global Peace Ranking = #69 out of 163 (U.S. is #103) = Safer than the U.S.
- Hotels = Great value. For under $50 US per night, you can find some gems.
- Must-Do’s = Hike a volcano. Swim in Central America’s biggest lake. Visit Granada or Leon. Surf a world-class break.
- Is Cuba Good for Solo Travelers = Yes. I was there for a month in early 2017 & had no problems.
- What to Expect as a Female Traveler = Expect some catcalls, especially from groups of men. Fairly harmless but can be annoying.
- Would I Go Back = Yes!! I need to explore more of the beaches!
Read Nicaragua Travel Blogs!
Learn More About Nicaragua!
Nicaragua Travel Resources!
Nicaragua Travel Planning!
Get Insurance for Your Nicaragua Trip