Welcome to Ireland!
Ireland is one of the 10 safest countries in the world ~ which makes it an excellent destination for solo travelers. I especially love Ireland for solo female travel: it’s a great choice. And Ireland is also a great choice if you like any of the following: castles, pubs, gorgeous coastline, great road trips, Guiness, & Irish accents. If you like ALL of the above, then Ireland travel will hit your travel sweet spot ~ & should rank high on your bucket list.
Renting a car is one of the best things you can do in Ireland. The country is relatively small, but renting a car is the best way to get around the country & see all the sights you want to see: like Waterford where they make world-famous Waterford Crystal (my mom’s favorite), the kissable Blarney Stone, the Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, & one of Ireland’s most famous castles (& one of my favorite places I’ve ever stayed), Ashford Castle.
\All of this & more awaits you in this Ireland Travel Guide…
Ireland Travel Overview!
- Safety = #10 Safest Country in the World! Very Safe. 96%
- Cost = Cheaper than England, but average relative to rest of Europe. 60%
- Driving = LEFT SIDE of the road!!! 100%
- How Safe I Felt as a Female Traveler = Very Safe 98%
Ireland Travel Quick Facts!
- Ireland in One Word = Green.
- Ireland in One More Word = Guiness.
- Wi-Fi = Wi-Fi is readily available throughout most of Ireland, except desolate country areas.
- Global Peace Ranking = #10 out of 163 countries (U.S. is #103) = One of the 10 safest countries in the world.
- Hotels = Castle stays are pricey, but B&B’s are great value for your money ~ & you’ll meet friendly locals.
- Must-Do’s = Try out as many pubs in Dublin as your liver can handle. Visit the Book of Kells. Drink Guiness. Travel the Ring Road in Kerry. Stand on the edge of the Cliffs of Moher. Stay at Ashford Castle.
- Is Ireland Good for Solo Travelers = Yes. In fact, it’s one of my top recommendations for solo female travelers.
- What to Expect as a Female Traveler = Expect to meet lots of hearty, friendly locals at pubs. If staying at hostels or B&B’s, you’ll never feel alone.
- Would I Go Back = Yes!!!