Welcome to Germany!
I once got deported from Germany. Long story. But I won’t hold it against Germany, because when I returned with a group of friends for Oktoberfest: Germany blew my mind. While the Germans may work hard & keep a straight face during the day (the guys who deported me sure did), they most definitely know how to party at night. I’m pretty sure the phrase, “Work Hard, Play Hard,” was meant for Germans. Which means, no Germany travel is complete without a visit to Munich & its world-famous beer hall, the Hofbrauhaus.
You want castles? Germany’s got them, including possibly the most famous castle in the entire world: Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. How about scenic rivers like the Rhine & the Danube? Germany is full of scenic rivers, making it an ideal European destination if you like river cruising. Want high-tech & sophisticated? Head to Berlin, a city that’s becoming very popular with ex-pats. And then there is good old Munich with its Bavarian, lederhosen-filled flair that’s the perfect place to take in some history & enjoy massively fun beer halls.
Welcome to your Germany Travel Guide!
Germany Travel Overview!
- Safety = Very Safe 95%
- Cost = Average versus the rest of Western Europe 70%
- Adventures = Plenty!! 90%
- How Safe I Felt as a Female Traveler = Very Safe 95%
Germany Travel Quick Facts!
- Germany in One Word = Beer.
- Germany in One More Word = Castles.
- Wi-Fi = Wi-Fi is readily available throughout Germany, unless in a very remote area.
- Global Peace Ranking = #16 out of 163 countries (U.S. is #103) = One of the safest countries in the world.
- Hotels = Average compared to rest of Europe; slightly less than England & France.
- Must-Do’s = Go to Oktoberfest. Wear lederhosen. Drink beer at the Hofbrahaus. Visit the world-famous Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. Get high-tech in Berlin. Cycle along the Danube.
- Is Germany Good for Solo Travelers = Yes. It’s safe, & well-located in Central Europe ~ making it easy to get to other countries.
- What to Expect as a Female Traveler = Germans can be rather stoic ~ except when they’re drinking; other than petty theft, you may need to fend off large groups of drunk males when out at night.
- Would I Go Back = Yes. But it’s not my top choice for a return trip.