Welcome to the Czech Republic!
The Czech Republic used to be an off-the-beaten path European destination. Not anymore. Today, Prague is one of Europe’s liveliest, most affordable destinations (we stayed in a great hotel in the main city for less tham $70/night) with masses of Gothic, Baroque, & Renaissance architecture. If Prague’s buildings don’t blow you away ~ then maybe you’ve simply been in Europe too long. For the rest of us, Prague is a jewel, & it’s the gateway to Czech Republic travel.
Cesky Krumlov is another city in the Czech Republic that is beginning to receive international attention for its stunning Medieval town center, as well as its beautiful placement along the Vlatava River. Wherever your Czech Republic travel takes you: there are sure to be castles, beer, & plenty of fun-loving Czechs to help you toast your arrival in their country. As for food, think of hearty fare like sausages & pretty much any kind of meat your stomach desires: this is what awaits you in Czech’s culinary scene.
A great Eastern European itinerary to do is what we did: take the train from Prague to Vienna, Austria ~ & then on to Budapest, Hungary. Each train ride is less than four hours, & will take you through stunning countryside. And in less than a week, you’ll be able to take in three of Europe’s most beguiling cities.
But first, Prague…
Czech Republic Travel Overview!
- Safety = One of the Safest Countries in the World. 95%
- Cost = One of the best value’s in Europe! 45%
- Adventures = Architecture, Beer-Drinking, Bridge-Ogling, & Castle-Viewing….to name a few. 85%
- How Safe I Felt as a Female Traveler = Very Safe 95%
Czech Republic Travel!
- Czech Republic in One Word = Castles.
- Czech Republic in One More Word = Bridges.
- Wi-Fi = Wi-Fi is widely available throughout the country, especially in major cities.
- Global Peace Ranking = #6 out of 163 (U.S. is #103) = One of the 10 Safest Countries in the World.
- Hotels = Great value. For under $70US per night, you can find some delightful hotels.
- Must-Do’s = Cross the Charles Bridge. Stroll through castles. Drink beer. Eat sausage. Meet other pub-going, friendly people.
- Is Czech Republic Good for Solo Travelers = Yes, though I think Prague’s party scene is better enjoyed with friends. Safety-wise, though ~ the Czech Republic is an excellent choice for solo female travelers.
- What to Expect as a Female Traveler = Perhaps extra attention from groups of men or other travelers, but overall ~ don’t expect any problems. I’ve heard of some racism present in Prague particularly towards black female travelers, but personally I can’t speak to this.
- Would I Go Back = Yes. But to be 100% honest, there are other places I’d rather go back to more.
Czech Republic Travel Resources!