Welcome to Austria!
Austria is one of the most beautiful countries in the entire world. The majestic Alps, charming alpine villages, & breathtaking Vienna will all capture your heart. But something you may not know: Austria is also one of the safest countries in the entire world ~ #4, to be exact. Meaning that as far as Austria travel goes, whether you’re traveling solo or with family & friends, safety need not be one of your main concerns. The only three countries in the world that are safer than Austria, are Iceland, New Zealand, & Portugal.
So now that we know that Austria is a safe destination, let’s explore some of its highlights: such as reaching dizzying heights in the Alps & taking in some of the most magnificent views in the world, or listening to a world-class opera in Vienna, a town known for its musical heritage. Or how about for you “Sound of Music” fans? A trip to Salzburg, where the movie was filmed, is an absolute must ~ & you can even take a “Sound of Music” tour.
Breathtaking beauty, charming villages, & so much more await you in Austria…..let’s take a tour!
Austria Travel Overview!
- Safety = #3 Safest Country in the World! 99%
- Cost = Cheaper than England, but average relative to rest of Europe 50%
- Adventures = Abundant!!! Watch opera. Climb the Alps. Go rock-climbing. Take the “Sound of Music” tour in Salzburg. 100%
- How Safe I Felt as a Female Traveler = Very Safe 99%
Austria Travel Quick Facts!
- Austria in One Word = Breathtaking.
- Austria in One More Word = Awe-inspiring.
- Wi-Fi = Wi-Fi is readily available throughout most of Austria.
- Global Peace Ranking = #4 out of 163 countries (U.S. is #103) = One of the safest countries in the world.
- Hotels = Comparable to the U.S.
- Must-Do’s = Get lost in Vienna. Watch opera. Climb in the Alps. Take the “Sound of Music” tour in Salzburg. Soak in the beauty of the mountains, & sing “The hills are alive…”
- Is Austria Good for Solo Travelers = Yes. Not only is it one of the safest countries in the world, but it’s also right smack in the middle of some of the best European countries (Italy, Switzerland, Czechia, etc.) which makes side tours a must.
- What to Expect as a Female Traveler = Expect friendly locals & a warm, cozy atmosphere.
- Would I Go Back = Yes!!!